Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel injectors

jseremba

Corvette
1989 Blue Z51 6 spd Manual Transmission
Hello Everybody,

I spoke to Gordon Kilebrew and I think he said that my 1985 Corvette uses Lucas fuel injectors 101081. But, every time I try and search Lucas fuel injectors all I get is Lucas injector cleaners. Did I hear him correctly. in.
Presently my spark plugs get so black that I need to remove them and wire brush them to start the car. Every thing but the MAT sensor and burn module are new. The CEL is not working. Gordon gave me some ideas.
I did a fuel pressure leak down test after installing a new regulator. The fuel pressure goes to zero in about 15 minutes. So I think the injectors are leaking. I just want to make sure that I put the correct ones in. Evidently the ones I purchased from eBay have the wrong resistance 12.4 vs 16 OEM.

I was affraid to just go look up injectors that fit. The ones that are in the car fit. But, Gordon , Mr. Corvette, said that the resistance is important and these have the wrong resistance. Thank you for the help.

Hello Everybody,

I spoke to Gordon Kilebrew and I think he said that my 1985 Corvette uses Lucas fuel injectors 101081. But, every time I try and search Lucas fuel injectors all I get is Lucas injector cleaners. Did I hear him correctly. in.
Presently my spark plugs get so black that I need to remove them and wire brush them to start the car. Every thing but the MAT sensor and burn module are new. The CEL is not working. Gordon gave me some ideas.
I did a fuel pressure leak down test after installing a new regulator. The fuel pressure goes to zero in about 15 minutes. So I think the injectors are leaking. I just want to make sure that I put the correct ones in. Evidently the ones I purchased from eBay have the wrong resistance 12.4 vs 16 OEM.

Did you pinch off the fuel return line when you checked the fuel pressure leak down?

You need to get the CEL working for diagnosis unless you have the correct OBD1 tester.

No I did not pinch off the return line. I will do that this Friday when I gain access to the car. If I buy an OBD1 scanner. I do not need the engine light to come on, is that correct?
I thought that the light was an indication that the ECM was seeing everything it needs to see. But, if all I have to do is buy the correct tester. I am there. Do you know which tester I need.

Thank you

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom