Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Dash Lettering Frustration

compyelc4

Corvette
'95 LT1 Coupe, Comp Yell; C6 Roadster, Vel Yell
2005-2013 C6 CORVETTE DASH LETTERING LETTERS KIT - DOMED EDGES

I'm having difficult time getting letters to stay down, even after mucho cleaning of area with cue-tips and isopropyl alcohol. No way there can be any oils left, unless the vinyl treatment stuff has somehow actually permeated into the surface. Each time I cleaned the dash lettering area (where the stick-on letters are inserted) the cue-tip was removing black finish so I know there is no surface grime left preventing sticking. Any adhesive tips and tricks?

Last edited:
I have a 2012 but I'm not sure where the "dash lettering" area is. Post an image.

The lettering is smack dab in the middle of the padded dash console centered on the passenger side of the dash.

You need 2 things, 1. A good double face tape on the back of the letters, 2. the best way to deal with a good contact to the dash is to use 3M 4298 Adhesive promoter. It comes in a pen, and short sticks and small pads. I very rarely ever used the small pads, but the pen disperser and a Q-tip work wonders. I have never found Double face tape to stick very well without using #M 4298 product.

You need 2 things, 1. A good double face tape on the back of the letters, 2. the best way to deal with a good contact to the dash is to use 3M 4298 Adhesive promoter. It comes in a pen, and short sticks and small pads. I very rarely ever used the small pads, but the pen disperser and a Q-tip work wonders. I have never found Double face tape to stick very well without using #M 4298 product.
Thank you Shelby. 2nd set of letters seemed to stick, however to make sure I will try your recommended product this spring here in Ohio. Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom