Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone near Cary, NC?

chris123

Hi, been away from the Corvette scene for a few years, however Corvettes are in my blood, so I'm back and looking for either a C6 or maybe a C5. I saw the below link on Auto Tempest and was wondering if anyone is close enough to swing by and check this out in person. It's hard to tell in the pics if the car is wet, or has some serious paint issues. I'm not a big fan of having the "As-Is" letters prominently displayed at the top of the windshield, normally it's on a dealer sheet on the window, either with warranty, or no warranty, and the CarFax doesn't include much info, although it seems to be a 1 owner car. Let me know if anyone can check it out since I am up here in Northeast PA.

Regards Chris.

Hi, been away from the Corvette scene for a few years, however Corvettes are in my blood, so I'm back and looking for either a C6 or maybe a C5. I saw the below link on Auto Tempest and was wondering if anyone is close enough to swing by and check this out in person. It's hard to tell in the pics if the car is wet, or has some serious paint issues. I'm not a big fan of having the "As-Is" letters prominently displayed at the top of the windshield, normally it's on a dealer sheet on the window, either with warranty, or no warranty, and the CarFax doesn't include much info, although it seems to be a 1 owner car. Let me know if anyone can check it out since I am up here in Northeast PA.

Regards Chris.
Hi. I am in South Carolina, and I recently bought a 2012 C6 Grand Sport from Carvana. It only had 42000 miles on it and was in great condition. The only thing I found wrong was the magnetic ride shocks. They were shot. I replaced them with Bilstein shocks and I am well pleased with the results.

many cars on carfax are listed on other web sites. There are still a good many out there for reasonable prices

Hi. I am in South Carolina, and I recently bought a 2012 C6 Grand Sport from Carvana. It only had 42000 miles on it and was in great condition. The only thing I found wrong was the magnetic ride shocks. They were shot. I replaced them with Bilstein shocks and I am well pleased with the results.

many cars on carfax are listed on other web sites. There are still a good many out there for reasonable prices
Having looked at the car, It looks pretty good to me. But I am with you. The as is is a problem!
Carvana gives you a week to decide if want the car, or you can turn it back in and get a full refund. Plus they give you a warranty.
Carmax is similar, but I found their cars to be higher in price than some most.
One thing to think about is that Convertibles are nice, but you have a lot of wind noise.
Good luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom