Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Callaway} Installing a shift knob on a ZF6 speed

*89x2*

Here is the step by step process for installing a shift knob on a ZF6 speed equipped C4 - The Callaway knob shortens the overall height and is more comfortable (except in the scorching heat and freezing cold although, my solution to theat is to use one of my baby's socks over it ;) )

Here is the process w/ pic's :v :beer

***********Disclaimer - this process is written for informational purposes only, no guarantees are intended or implied and a lot of this process depends upon YOUR mechanical skills. Myself, & the CAC cannot be held responsible for loss or damage, due to anything contained within this thread. It may include omissions or clarity needed for someone to do the job - use at your own discretion.*****
attachment.php

step 2 :

Once the top plate is off, a "wedge" is exposed. You will need to gently work it loose - I used needle nose pliers and worked AWAY FROM MYSELF as some are loose, some are tough as nails to remove :eek
attachment.php

Sharp looking Chris! :beer

Compared to a c3 this is one hell of a job! :D
It took me 2 steps en 10 sec. to unscrew mine ;)

Greetings Peter.

Great write up! I changed the one on my 85 years ago....went the exact same way. That pin was tough coming out :)

No, I put a stock GM knob on my 85. Unfortunately b/c of the 4+3, I can't use the Callaway knob.

SurfnSun said:
No, I put a stock GM knob on my 85. Unfortunately b/c of the 4+3, I can't use the Callaway knob.

Josh, I would think a knob can be machined for the 4+3

Thinking back, I do not recall seeing one on 87 or 88 B2K's but I am sure it has been done :confused

If you give Old Lyme a call to see - let us know the results. :m

Chris,

I noticed your nameplate just below the radio....Do you know anyone at Callaway who will make a name plate for Supernaturals still? I have asked several times to Callaway but have not received a response. Mine was completed just this Thanksgiving.

Thanks

Picture of mine

Forgot to attached this before......2 years in the making but finally finished

If your car was constructed directly by Callaway, then contact Joanne Mercer. She'll whip everyone into shape and get you exactly what you're looking for. -E

shopview said:
Chris,

I noticed your nameplate just below the radio....Do you know anyone at Callaway who will make a name plate for Supernaturals still? I have asked several times to Callaway but have not received a response. Mine was completed just this Thanksgiving.

Thanks
Welcome to the :CAC As mentioned, Joanne Mercer ( jmercer@callawaycars.com ) or Ted Rice who manages the parts and logistics ( trice@callawaycars.com ) will be able to help. Ted recently made a throttle body plate for my Supernatural 425 that stated the power level, as they had not previously made a "SNAT 425" plate before, so most things can be done.

I notice in the pic of your Callaway, you have the "runflat wheels" - did you get them recently? They are a rare and unique part of the series :upthumbs

What other details can you share about your Callaway??

Again, Welcome to the :CAC

attachment.php

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom