Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Time to Paint....

B

BigStubby

Heh everybody!!!!

BigStubby's back. Can any of you Mid Westerner's (Illinois) give me a suggestion for a shop to get my 84 painted?

I can't drive it that way this spring....I'm sure you all understand.

It's good to be back.

STW

BigStubby

PS: How do you all feel about Bloomington Gold moving to the Chicago area...?

Hi BigStubby...

OK, my first question is, big stubby what? Nevermind... :L

My Vette is at a shop called TriPower Automotive in Libertyville IL. I was referred to them by a friend. They do both body and engine work and they do a lot of Vettes.

The other place I was considering for my paint job was Vetteran Automotive in Crystal Lake. He has done my tranny & rear end and they do body / paint too.

These may be too far away for you, but I think they're both good shops.

What color are you going for? I'm at that decision point right now, and it's driving me crazy!

Well, good luck with your paint job!

Barb :w

BigStubby

Welcome home :beer :Twist

I don't know how far you are from Columbia Missouri, but just north of there is a guy named "Steve" that has a Corvette Shop ;) Sometimes he wears this "Corvette Hawaiian Shirt" (I still got to get one of them) :D

Steve is also a CACC Supporting Vendor Check this out The Hawaiian Shirt Guy

BudD
:w

Good call Bud!

I wasn't even thinking! If I lived closer to Steve I'd definitely have had him do the Blue Beast... but I can't be away from her for that long :L!!

I second that!!!

OK, my first question is, big stubby what? Nevermind... :L

My Vette is at a shop called TriPower Automotive in Libertyville IL. I was referred to them by a friend. They do both body and engine work and they do a lot of Vettes.

The other place I was considering for my paint job was Vetteran Automotive in Crystal Lake. He has done my tranny & rear end and they do body / paint too.

These may be too far away for you, but I think they're both good shops.

What color are you going for? I'm at that decision point right now, and it's driving me crazy!

Well, good luck with your paint job!

I've been to Vetteran Automotive on several occasions. They do VERY nice work. They just put up a new website as well: Vetteran Automotive

To bad your so far from NC GM Junk would do a great job.

Glenn

Go hit MAACO, they are having a special $299. I payed $899 for this paint job and it turned out great, this will be my third summer with it and still looks great. It was painted in Spokane WA.
DSCF5231.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

Hey BUD!!!!!!!!!!!
TEH link for the shirt apparently is INOP?....
Charlie

BigStubby

Welcome home :beer :Twist

I don't know how far you are from Columbia Missouri, but just north of there is a guy named "Steve" that has a Corvette Shop ;) Sometimes he wears this "Corvette Hawaiian Shirt" (I still got to get one of them) :D

Steve is also a CACC Supporting Vendor Check this out The Hawaiian Shirt Guy

BudD

The first few posts in this thread are 8 years old. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom