Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

very slow tire leak

D

dogface

I have a 2 and 1/2 lb. air loss per week from a front tire. Had it removed and checked - no cause could be found - though the discount tire tech thought it may be related to the tire pressure sensor. Wondering if anyone else has had similar problems?

I had a similar issue a few years back and had the tire checked several times but the tire kept leaking. I finally took the tire/wheel off the car myself and went over it with a magnefying glass and picked at and removed every piece of junk stuck in the tread and finally found a 'needle' stuck in the tire.
It was so small that it did not leak except when moving and did not fail a water bubble test.
Removed the needle and patched the tire - no more leak.

May not be your problem - just wanted to pass along that the leak may not be obvious. And, I've never had any problems with the tire pressure sensors on either of my C5's or my C6.

Thanks Tuna - I'll follow your lead and conduct my own (when you want something done right) inspection of the tire, always wanted to try a "needle" in the haystack search anyway.

Thanks Tuna - I'll follow your lead and conduct my own (when you want something done right) inspection of the tire, always wanted to try a "needle" in the haystack search anyway.
I had a slow leak in one of my wheels, (C6 with Polished alloys). Turned out to be the valve, just needed tightening, then the problem was solved

Sounds like the valve/sensor. Probably the O ring. It can be replaced without taking the tire all the way off the rim.

I'm sure you checked it but......9 times out of 10 its the valves....:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom