Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any Ideas for Extra Storage Space?

gonetobama13

Corvette
2004 Spiral Gray Metallic Coupe 6-speed
I have an '04 Coupe, black interior and I need some ideas on how to carry extra small items without them sliding around (eyeglasses, cell phone, small notebook, etc). Does anyone have any experience with the after market items, like the one that fits on the back of the console? How about a home made one that might be similar to a black non sliding in basket that sticks to the carpeting behind the seats - one that doesn't look tacky. Any ideas would be appreciated.

One of my best interior additions was the addition of a full sized drink holder, the kind that slips between the console and the floor on the passenger side. It works great for drinks and anything else you want to put in there. It does not get in the passenger's way.

On the ridge right behind the back seats, I have Velcro-ed two 3"x8" black metal mesh trays (Bell Automotive http://www.bellautomotive.com/asp/product_details.asp?id=24212) that hold my phone charger and ear piece. An inexpensive addition. To blacken the baskets/trays I just put electrical tape around the mesh sides--looks ok, especially in that location.

Thanks, JTJ. Both the cupholder and the tray sound like great ideas. Where did you order the cupholder from?

Check your Chevrolet dealer parts dept for a set of Corvette pouchs that hang directly behind the seat backs. I use them to hold maps, photos, small posters, and a laptop computer. They attach with a self stickie tab, and can be removed if necessary.

Whenver I travel to Vette shows, and the NCM, I print out a hard copy of registration forms, hotel registrations and personal notes. Staple these together, and slip them into the pouch...when I arrive, they're convenient to reach and I know just where they're at.

Genuine Corvette Accessories, part # 17800597.

Check your Chevrolet dealer parts dept for a set of Corvette pouchs that hang directly behind the seat backs. I use them to hold maps, photos, small posters, and a laptop computer. They attach with a self stickie tab, and can be removed if necessary.

Whenver I travel to Vette shows, and the NCM, I print out a hard copy of registration forms, hotel registrations and personal notes. Staple these together, and slip them into the pouch...when I arrive, they're convenient to reach and I know just where they're at.

Genuine Corvette Accessories, part # 17800597.

I was hoping someone would mention these! Thanks, Zippy. :) Do you have a picture of this? I think this is a brilliant idea, and great use of the limited space in a Corvette.

-Patrick

You can go to GMPartsDirect and type the part number in the search box to get a picture.

Here's the picture of the item from Mid America Corvette that Pinky posted:

fr6934.jpg

And this is the one from Eklers that MM-C5 posted:
43865.jpg

I got one of these a few weeks ago and I really like it.

vt2062.jpg

I picked up a box with a flip lid, it's about 8x10 10" tall. It is covered in black leather looks real classy, black velvet interior. I put some dividers in it and keep it in the trunk right behind the passenger seat. Whenever I need something it's only a reach away..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom