Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Targa Top Noise

H

Hollywood

My car is only about 2 mos old and i am starting noise from the top. Not air noise a kinda creaking or looses noise. Anybody else? Any suggestions. I also hear a rubbing noise when doing a tight turn at low speed. Like in the parking lot, stuff like that.
:confused

Sounds like you need to take it in to a dealer and have the top checked out. There has been a recall on the tops coming apart while driving.

Good luck.

My car is only about 2 mos old and i am starting noise from the top. Not air noise a kinda creaking or looses noise. Anybody else? Any suggestions. I also hear a rubbing noise when doing a tight turn at low speed. Like in the parking lot, stuff like that.
:confused

Clear top or painted? Some of the painted tops are delaminating and there is a TSB out for the replacement of some pins on the clear top.

mine is painted. I'm going to the Delar today. Thanks for the input.

Time for you to go answer the recall for those tops.Don't wait,it could come off anytime!!!

Just ask the guys at "Corvette Action Center" to get your problem fixed. Your analysis was right on. They want to repair it with a kit so i'm going back this afternoon and talk to the service mgr about getting a new one. I'll let ya kown how i come out. Thanks again!!

I had mine back and they did the repair. They insist that this will solve the problem. I figure now they are responsible. I was told that the new tops are built using the same material that they use to repair the tops. I have had very good luck at the dealer I use, and the Vette mechanic is a very good friend, so I trust them to do what is right.

Thanks Lucy, i guess i am most worried about quality of repair. But as you said they are responsible. Also I apologize to all the female members, In my previous post when i reffered to the "guys at Corvette Action Center" should have been guys and gals. my bad.

Have your dealer read recall notice #05112 ( and ALL revisions of that document). For example, bulletin #05112C, issued June 2006.

Not all 2005-2006 Corvettes are affected.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should confirm vehicle eligibility through GMVIS (GM vehicle inquiry system) prior to beginning repairs.

I had the roof on my 2006 Z06 inspected and repaired from an authorized Chevrolet dealer, and they used 10 each of bolt part number 11561612, and adhesive part number 88861400 in the repair. Again, I remind you, I have the non-removable roof (but it is) C6 Z06, and the repair tech inspected my roof, took the GM prescribed measurements, and replaced the 10 bolts. These bolts are a one time usage commodity since they have a pre applied coating on the threads.

Hope this helps. :)

I've taken my 2005 in 4 times for the roof noise the last time which was about 1 week ago they kept it for 9 days.....yep 9 days finally they came to the conclusion that my roof needed to be replaced, it was clicking and poping and sweaking and making all kinds of racket.....so much for GM and quality control, anyway they offered me either a replacement (colored roof, LeMans Blue) or the smoked, I declined the smoked I had one on my last vette and didn't like it, anyway I'm waiting for them to get the new roof in and paint it so I can go and pick it up....I will keep yall informed as to the outcome!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom