Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member- Illinois

98redvette

Corvette
1998 torch red coupe
Hi guys,
I just purchased a 1998 Red Coupe this week. It has the 6 speed manual transmission. First Corvette I have owned. I've been reading this forum since I began seriously considering the purchase-this site is excellent for information and I look forward to being an active participant. As far as my Corvette, I've only driven it a little, but am really impressed with the performance and the style. Somehow, I don't believe this will be my last Corvette.

Congratulations on your first vette, and welcome to the CAC!
You're right, it probably won't be the last! :lou

Tammy

Thanks to all for kind welcome to forum. I will try to have some photos of car soon. I don't plan to attend MAM this year as I have conflicting plans for the weekend. I've been detailing car today as I would like to take it for drive, but weather's not cooperating...

Welcome to the CAC!

Congratulations on your first Vette!

Enjoy!

:Steer

I definately plan to wave.....Also was able to drive my vette a little last evening....I'm really impressed with how well it runs and how smooth it is...As you said, it naturally brings a grin to your face....

welcome to CAC!! enjoy the vette and the forums!!!!!!!

From one new first time Corvette owner to another....congrats.....on your new car.....enjoy it for a long time or at least until you buy another.

RWW

I'm definately enjoying it so far. Weather was nice enough today so I was able to take a cruise this afternoon. Also was able to finish detailing it this morning. I hope to get pictures online this coming weekend - couldn't find camera today.

Welcome and Congrats!

I'm definately enjoying it so far. Weather was nice enough today so I was able to take a cruise this afternoon. Also was able to finish detailing it this morning. I hope to get pictures online this coming weekend - couldn't find camera today.

Me too. Took my new 'lil red corvette out for her first "let's get dirty drive." Put on about 400 miles. Met up with another red vert and we caravanned for awhile, and both survived a big speed trap near the Dells. County boys and girls for about a 3 mile stretch. Spooky.

Got home and had bug guts up the yazoo. Detailing in the morning; cleaning bug guts in the evening. Ain't America great! When we got back to the barn I gave her a nice warm bath and a coat of Meguair's Final Inspection.

This is my first convertible and I thought I'd try an automatic. Luv the vert, but don't care for the auto. Even with paddle shifters it just doesn't seem as responsive as with the manual.

Anyway, I'm your next door neighbor up north in Wisconsin. Maybe we'll cross paths someday. :w

attachment.php

Sounds like a good day of enjoying your vette. I haven't driven the new auto with paddle shifters, so I can't speak to how I would like them. I will say I really enjoy the 6 manual transmission I have. I bought the car for driving on weekends to enjoy and enjoy the performance of the 6 speed. How far north in Wisconsin are you located - I've been as far north as Milwaukee

Welcome to the CAC and congratulations on your C5! I'm sure you are right when you say you don't think it will be your last Vette . . .

Enjoy!!

Stick with a stick.

Sounds like a good day of enjoying your vette. I haven't driven the new auto with paddle shifters, so I can't speak to how I would like them. I will say I really enjoy the 6 manual transmission I have. I bought the car for driving on weekends to enjoy and enjoy the performance of the 6 speed. How far north in Wisconsin are you located - I've been as far north as Milwaukee

Guess I blew the picture thingy. Seemed like it worked when I posted it but now all I see is a missing link. Plus the window adjusted itself to the picture which apparently was way wide. Oh well.

We live in Oregon which is a burb just south of Madison.

I miss the performance and feel of the manual and think I'll trade again in spring for a manual. The automatic, even with the paddle shift, is just not the same "feel" as the manual. Don't get me wrong, if you punch it she goes, but I don't like the delay factor associated with the automatic. I only tried it cuz my knee is shot and if I get stuck in traffic, the leg tremors can get ugly :L . That notwithstanding, it's back to the six speed manual for me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom