Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Me and my '65

twoseater

Corvette
1965 Blue Vert, 1980 White Coupe
I searched for a long while before buying my C2 a little while ago. I asked a few questions here and got some solid advice which was both helpful and appreciated.

I had no idea that my C2 would get sooo much attention. Hey, I knew I had a love for em but didn't realize driving one was close to celebrity status! :)

Every time I have the car out I have people pacing me on the interstate with a thumbs up, drive bys with words of praise, pedestrians waving, and people chatting me up at stop lights etc. I'm sure you guys all know what I'm talking about but I never knew there were so many fans out there.

I was driving home through town and stopped at a light. A man in his 50's pulled up beside me on his Harley and gave me a "Nice Vet". Of course my reply was "Nice Harley":) He knew his vets because he knew it was a '65. Light turned green so I pulled ahead and made a turn into the shopping strip where I get my take out (love Chinese food).

All the usual parking spots were full so I cruised passed the front and stopped to let a man in his 30's cross the road. After waving him across, he replied "Oh, no, I have to see this drive by". With a wave off I drove to the side of the plaza where the delinquents hang out.

I parked, went in and got my food. On the way out there was a kid around 16, baggy pants hanging around his butt, hat on sideways, NBA jersey 5 sizes too big, etc. "Man that vet is SICK" was what I overheard him say. Then he turned and asked if it was mine. I probably should have said something like - "*****en right its mine, that ain't no janky hoopty ya know booooyyyyyya". But he still understood when I proudly just said "Yup - its a '65'.

So, within 15 minutes I had three generations all admiring my car. It was a good day :)

Yea imagine that a 40 year old cars still WOW-ing folks.

Makes a good statement about the cars timeless beauty

Enjoy your car and I hope it serves you well

All my neighbors have always seen the older vettes coming in and out of the neighbor hood, All the kids have always waved at me. Just about every year there a new set of boys just turning 15 or 16 ,just starting to dream of there first car.That will start stopping by the house when I am working on the cars in the driveway asking more questions about the cars.Can this beat an acura with a japanese motor in it. Will it beat a this or that car with a turbo and NOS. I just explain there old collector cars,not race cars and when your going to get a car race at the track not on the streets (not that I am smart enough to take my own advice ) but hey I do have to show some responceability.

My daughter is just in the middle school and rides the bus with her brother and some of the older boys,She said next time there out show them what the car car do because the must have told her the cars were all show and no go.

Next time they ask your car can beat an Acura with a Japansese motor in it, ask them if they think that Acura will be a toaster, soda can or stop sign in 40 years!

Next time they ask your car can beat an Acura with a Japansese motor in it, ask them if they think that Acura will be a toaster, soda can or stop sign in 40 years!

I always thought it was the other way around, that Jap cars were made from the beer cans of our past. ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom