Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do I level the rear end.

nelsonvette

Corvette
1995 Aqua Coupe
The driver side rear end sags. Measure from floor up it is 27" on the driver side and 28" on passenger side to the edge of the wheel well. From the top of the tire up to wheel well its 3.5" on the driver side and 4.5" on passenger side. It was like this when I got it about 2 years back and I would like to see it set level. I have new tires and the pressure is right in both. The spring looks like the only possible adjustment. My question is. If I remove the nut from the long bolt holding the spring and put a 1" spacer above the nut do you think that will raise that side 1". Or would it be easier to lower the passenger side ?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

The driver side rear end sags. Measure from floor up it is 27" on the driver side and 28" on passenger side to the edge of the wheel well. From the top of the tire up to wheel well its 3.5" on the driver side and 4.5" on passenger side. It was like this when I got it about 2 years back and I would like to see it set level. I have new tires and the pressure is right in both. The spring looks like the only possible adjustment. My question is. If I remove the nut from the long bolt holding the spring and put a 1" spacer above the nut do you think that will raise that side 1". Or would it be easier to lower the passenger side ?

Any thoughts would be helpful.
You must measure from the chassis not the wheel wells, look in your factory service where to measure. The body has too many variations to get a good measurment.

Lets assume the measurments from the chassi shows the same thing. How do I go about leveling it?

If all four tires are inflated to the same pressure you must measure the front L&R and the rear if the front front has less difference than the rear you may add a washer or multiples to balance the rear. After the change you should get a 4 wheel alignment since you are changing the camber on the wheel you added the shims/washers to. It may change the entire front and rear alignment.

Why remove the nut and install a spacer I would try to turn the nut up on the low side?(IE tighten it some)

Take a good look at your rear wheel camber alignment. Having too much positive or negative camber, will cause a height difference at the rear.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom