Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 ZO6 owner's manual.

F

fatherlarry

I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the owner's manual with everything included that it came with. The previous owner is trying to locate the owner's manual for me. He seems to have misplace it, but said that it came in a special edition leather bound case that says 50th Anniversay and Z06 on the lower left hand corner. Inside he said there was a notepad that said 50th Anniversary on top and z06 on the bottom in gold. Also, a tire gauge and pen with a gold logo saying Z06 on it. He wasn't sure if it came with a CD or VHS.

The Z06 only has a 1,000 miles on it and I would like to get the complete owner's manual. I called a vendor that sells these, however, it only comes with a pen and flashlight, which doesn't have the gold logo. It doesn't come with a tire gauge, instead the flashlight, and the notepad has no 50th Anniversary logo on it. I heard that the tire gauge only came with the Z06, and that you could only get it with a new purchase of the Z and not aftermarket.

Can someone shed some light? Does anyone have a complete set for sale?
user_online.gif

Larry,
I can certainly get a you picture when I get home tonight- but since I have a Planning Commission meeting tonight, that might not be until late.

The Owners Manual packet my 2003 Z06 came with included the manual itself, the warantee information, a tire pressure gauge with a Z06 logo on it, as well as pen with a Z06 logo, and little notepad with the Z06 on the front cover. The packet was a nice leather folio with a velcro clasp, and it, too, has the Z06 logo on the front.

Have tried looking on Ebay? They frequently have owners manual kits for sale there.

-Patrick

Larry,
I can certainly get a you picture when I get home tonight- but since I have a Planning Commission meeting tonight, that might not be until late.

The Owners Manual packet my 2003 Z06 came with included the manual itself, the warantee information, a tire pressure gauge with a Z06 logo on it, as well as pen with a Z06 logo, and little notepad with the Z06 on the front cover. The packet was a nice leather folio with a velcro clasp, and it, too, has the Z06 logo on the front.

Have tried looking on Ebay? They frequently have owners manual kits for sale there.

-Patrick

Thanks Patrick.
I did look on EBAY no luck.

Larry,
Here's a couple of pictures of my owners manual kit.
attachment.php

attachment.php

If Ebay doesn't have anyone currently selling one of these, you might try giving the National Corvette Museum a phone call. In browsing the gift shop there when I was in Bowling Green for Cruisefest both last year and this year, I found they occasionally have stuff like this that only a Corvette owner would be interested in.

Good luck with your search!

:w
-Patrick

Larry,
Here's a couple of pictures of my owners manual kit.
attachment.php

attachment.php

If Ebay doesn't have anyone currently selling one of these, you might try giving the National Corvette Museum a phone call. In browsing the gift shop there when I was in Bowling Green for Cruisefest both last year and this year, I found they occasionally have stuff like this that only a Corvette owner would be interested in.

Good luck with your search!

-Patrick
Patrick,
Thanks so much. I did order the CD yesterday. It was $1.00 from NCM. I didn't think of asking the gift shop about the pen and pad, but I'll call them on Monday. I do have someone here sending me a couple of pages from the pad so I'll at least have that. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

FatherLarry

Does anyone know if the 50th Anniversary CD and the VHS that came with the owner's manual upon delivery, are one and the same content, or is the VHS something different than the CD?

Thanks to all . You guys are GREAT.

Larry,
I did not get a VHS tape. When I took delivery of my Z06 (which, I should point out, I'm the second owner of this car), it had a DVD for owners of 50th Anniversary Corvettes (Coupes, Convertibles and Z06s). On a visit to the National Corvette Museum in 2005, I found a copy of an instructional CD for 2003 Model Corvettes (it was in the "Clearance" bin, for $2.00). If these are what you are describing, no, they are not the same thing.

-Patrick

Larry,
I did not get a VHS tape. When I took delivery of my Z06 (which, I should point out, I'm the second owner of this car), it had a DVD for owners of 50th Anniversary Corvettes (Coupes, Convertibles and Z06s). On a visit to the National Corvette Museum in 2005, I found a copy of an instructional CD for 2003 Model Corvettes (it was in the "Clearance" bin, for $2.00). If these are what you are describing, no, they are not the same thing.

-Patrick

Thanks Patrick.
You mean the DVD from the Corvette Museumis not the same as the one from the delivery?

No- they are not the same. The one from the NCM is an audio-only CD, with vocal instructions on operating certain systems. The DVD is a lengthy presentation on testing of the C5, certain performance features, and a message at the start from Dave Hill.

-Patrick

No- they are not the same. The one from the NCM is an audio-only CD, with vocal instructions on operating certain systems. The DVD is a lengthy presentation on testing of the C5, certain performance features, and a message at the start from Dave Hill.

-Patrick

O-BOY. Patrick I got the 50th Anniversary Corvettes DVD from the Corvette Museum and the VHS tape.from Ebay
I'm not doing to good.

As I said, Larry, I did not get/do not have a copy of the VHS tape. You may very well find the VHS tape and the DVD are different, and you may find them both useful.

The issue I was drawing the distinction on was the DVD I had, and the CD I purchased from the clearance bin at the NCM- those were definately different.

When you get both the DVD and the VHS tape, let use know if they are different.

-Patrick

OK Patrick
Thanks again. Please let me know if any one is seiling a dvd and vhs 2003 zo6 50th Anniversary

Not such a great experience dealing with NCM. Originally, before I posted here, I called NCM to see if I can purchase the owners manual, with the pen, air gauge and notepad, as well as the DVC and VHS that says Z06 version. I was told that the kit didn't have the special Anniversary Z06 pen and pad with gold trim and tire gauge, and that it came with just a flashlight and pen in the regular silver. They also said there was no DVD or VHS in 2003 Anniversary Z06 version.

I called again, after I had posted here and ordered the DVD from them.

I called NCM again for something else, and spoke to a gentleman there. I mentioned what I was looking for and he told me that NCM did carry the entire kit with everything and transferred me to Betty.

I spoke with Betty and specified everything I needed. She told me to hold on and came back a few minute later, and told me that they had the complete kit with the Z06 version VHS, DVD, owners manual/black leather case with notepad, air gauge, and pen (pen and air gauge with gold trim for 50th Anniversary). I asked her three times "are you sure the VHS states Z06 version", and she replied "yes, I'm looking at it".

Needless to say when it arrived, everything was correct as she stated, except for the VHS, which did not state Z06 version like she said. Also, when a friend of mine got his from the NCM, it came in a box, but mine was all just shoved into a big express envelope that said "do not bend". However, on the phone she told me it came in a box.

I called her back, and spoke with her again, explaining that the VHS did not state that it was Z06 version as she claimed. She denied saying the she told me it was a Z06 version. Now, she said GM never made a Z06 version for the VHS. I told her that they did, and that I had a 2002 VHS, Z06 version. Once she realized that I knew something about this item, she changed her story around again, and said "this is all the factory gives us, and we don't get the Z06 version". I reminded her that she told me over the phone that she told me she was looking at it, and asked her if possibly they just packaged it wrong. Well, needless to say, she started to get testy, so I didn't push it. I said I would email her a picture of one that a friend emailed me of his, and I did, however, I have never heard back from her. I emailed her a few times, and have not heard anything. This whole situation urked me, because she wasn't up front with me and then hedged around it later on, which I feel is not good business. Especially, for an institution like the NCM.

Well, I wondering if anyone here knew anyone at NCM who is above her, and knows a little more about it, and may be able to help me locate this VHS. I know a friend of mine received the entire kit from NCM and it did include the Z06 version VHS.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom