Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

327/365HP?

T

Tbird

Besides the tachometer redline differences on a '64 Vette with a 327/365 HP engine, is there any other thing one would look for that would represent this horsepower engine was born to the car? Of course I do know that the engine numbers would validate this.
Thanks,
Charles

Besides the tachometer redline differences on a '64 Vette with a 327/365 HP engine, is there any other thing one would look for that would represent this horsepower engine was born to the car? Of course I do know that the engine numbers would validate this.
Thanks,
Charles

You will also have a Holly carb, and mechanical lifters with the 365HP version. Another thing to look for is the diameter of the exhaust manifold's and exhaust pipes, they should be 2 1/2" vrs the 2" that are seen in the low HP versions. Not much to work on but to ID properly, you must not only look for one item, but rather an assortment of different things that sometimes make the identification easier.

Stepinwolf

I thank you. That is what I thought and had read. I appreciate your quick response.
Charles

You will also have a Holly carb, and mechanical lifters with the 365HP version. Another thing to look for is the diameter of the exhaust manifold's and exhaust pipes, they should be 2 1/2" vrs the 2" that are seen in the low HP versions. Not much to work on but to ID properly, you must not only look for one item, but rather an assortment of different things that sometimes make the identification easier.

Stepinwolf

A few small clarifications
The 300 HP motor had the 2.5" manifolds in both '64 and '65 and the 350HP motor had the 2.5" manifolds in '65. '65 350HP motor also had the holley carb in '65. That last sentence above is right on!

Brian

A few small clarifications
The 300 HP motor had the 2.5" manifolds in both '64 and '65 and the 350HP motor had the 2.5" manifolds in '65. '65 350HP motor also had the holley carb in '65. That last sentence above is right on!

Brian

Brian,

One more clarification, when I mentioned low horsepower, I was referring to the 250 HP version. ;)

Drive safe

Stepinwolf

Thanks,
Charles
I think they had a return line to the tank for the FI.

Thank you all...this one has the 6500 Tach, however it is NOM. Charles :)

John, as usual, is correct. I have an original fuelie unit in my basement...no return line.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom