Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who has the widest rear tires?

zagger

Corvette
99 C5 Convertible
It's time to replace the shoes on the old cart. I'm going to upgrade the rims also. I would like to get the widest tires I can on the back. My question is what are some of you running, did it require enlarging wheal wells and how difficult was it if at all. I'm open to cutting wheal wells if it's not to difficult.
Thanks to all that respond.:lou :w

I am running 345x30x19. Used the LPE tub kit and the wheels were off set so they don't stick out the sides.
Norm

I

I am running 345x30x19. Used the LPE tub kit and the wheels were off set so they don'

That is exacly what I'm after :_rock , please post some pictures. Did you do the tub kit yourself or have a pro do it, also what is the rim offset and whos rims are you running.

I had 335/30/18's on my 03 zo6.and they tight but mine never rubbed and the where flush with the 1/4

I am not a big picture taker but here are some shots I have showing the 345's.

frontshot0050-1.jpg

rearshot0049.jpg

I'll have to look for the bill and see if the backsapce is on there,They were Budniks and they don't give offsets out.

That is exacly what I'm after :_rock I am running 345x30x19. Used the LPE tub kit and the wheels were off set so they don'

So if I am reading this correctly, these tires 345x30x19 are slightly over 13.5 inches wide (13.58264 inches)

and the 335x30x18's are slightly over 13 inches wide (13.18894 inches)

Cool!

That is correct. The tires are somewhere around 13.5 inches wide. LPE did the tubbing and there was a different shock bracket to make room for the tires. The inside of the tire is very close but can not hit the wheel well. I do not know what the offset was on the HRE's as LPE set it up and did the ordering. I did not want to have fat tires that stick outside of the car or rub and personaly like the way it currently looks. I don't do a lot of hole shots because in is not an understatement to say that these tires aren't the cheapest thing in the world.

I have since added the C6 Z06 shocks, the C6 Z06 brakes and C5 Z06 anti sway bars and it handles good enough for me.

I am running 275x35x18 on the front. These tires are widest I can go on the front with the offset on my HREs as they will faintly touch the front inside wheel well if I turn the wheel tight all the way in either direction.

Norm

So if I am reading this correctly, these tires 345x30x19 are slightly over 13.5 inches wide (13.58264 inches)

and the 335x30x18's are slightly over 13 inches wide (13.18894 inches)

Cool!

Here's the 315 BFG Dr on stock rear Z06 wheels, no issues. I do now have have self made/installed (no kit) mini tubs for a move to the 345 BFG.
site1063.jpg

I had 335/30/18's on my 03 zo6.and they tight but mine never rubbed and the where flush with the 1/4

What brand of tire?

Remo:cool

I like the tread pattern on those tires. How long do they last? I think if your run 345's with out tubbing it that the tires will stick out side of the wheel well. I personally don't care for that look.
Here's the 315 BFG Dr on stock rear Z06 wheels, no issues. I do now have have self made/installed (no kit) mini tubs for a move to the 345 BFG.
site1063.jpg

I like the tread pattern on those tires. How long do they last? I think if your run 345's with out tubbing it that the tires will stick out side of the wheel well. I personally don't care for that look.
Actually they seem to last quite long, mileage wise I really don't know as most of my wear comes at the strip. A great gripping tire for sure, and it does not stick out any farther than stock tire and rubs nowhere.
Robert

Thanks for all the input, guess I can go ti 315's with no mods ( which are about 12.5" wide.) or get a tub kit and gain one inch. Robert 56 that is a hot red with great looking tire:drool: , you mentioned extending the tubs yourself. Can you elaborate a little on haw dificult and what it took to do it yourself? Thanks in advence for any reply.

Thanks for all the input, guess I can go ti 315's with no mods ( which are about 12.5" wide.) or get a tub kit and gain one inch. Robert 56 that is a hot red with great looking tire:drool: , you mentioned extending the tubs yourself. Can you elaborate a little on haw dificult and what it took to do it yourself? Thanks in advence for any reply.
Over at corvetteforum in the tips/tech section is a couple write ups for tubbibg, one for frc/Z06 and one for coupes. I used the info from both and came up with my own variation. Not to hard, but does take some time, you can't even tell when done. Good luck.
Robert

Now I know what "Tub Kits" are :)

Well I just tried th elink and it worked for me, (was a bit slow) but just in case lets try this; put this in the address bar (cut and paste)

www.zip-products.com/

or see if this link works?

tub

When you get there do a search on "tub" without the quotes, (search option should be up near the upper left corner wher eit asks fro part number. Hope this helps

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom