Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

67 stinger hood

J

joeg

I can really use some help here. I'm in the process of painting the 67 stinger stripe on the hood and and nose and I really need some good dimensions to go by. I got the stencil but I'm not sure on the placement on the hood and nose. I have the dimension from the AM and what came with the stencil but they dont go into alot of detail. I could use some real numbers of ALL the locations on the hood and nose, the nose especially I dont know where the point should end up relative to the nose or header panel. Can someone help?? A real photo with dimensions would really help or any other ideas?

Thanks
Joe

I can really use some help here. I'm in the process of painting the 67 stinger stripe on the hood and and nose and I really need some good dimensions to go by. I got the stencil but I'm not sure on the placement on the hood and nose. I have the dimension from the AM and what came with the stencil but they dont go into alot of detail. I could use some real numbers of ALL the locations on the hood and nose, the nose especially I dont know where the point should end up relative to the nose or header panel. Can someone help?? A real photo with dimensions would really help or any other ideas?

Thanks
Joe

Joe,

Drop me a PM with your Email addy, and I will send you some pics and drawings that should help.

Regards, John McGraw

Thanks
Joe

Did you get it painted. I want to paint mine but will probably wait until Spring.

One of the most common errors is in the width of the colour on the lower stinger. Many people make it far too wide.

Mine is a bit wider than original, but I've seen plenty that are "extremely" wide and don't look right at all.

The photo which Wayne posted has a good example of how to gauge accuracy.

67Vette427.jpg

If the tips of the crossflag emblem touch the pinstripe, you're very close.

In my case, they touch the sides of the centre portion of the stinger. It's wrong, but as Paul said, I can live with it. ;)

clear-coat-05-500.jpg

Did you get it painted. I want to paint mine but will probably wait until Spring.

Not yet, I've been out trying to kill bambi. If the weather brakes then I'll give it a try otherwise I will wait for spring as well.

See if this works for you

Someone sent these to me a while back. I still haven't painted my stinger. It's a GG car and the stinger will be black.

BL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom