Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Ti Exhaust ?

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

Forget that it is approx 18 lbs lighter, what is the difference in sound and does it have any other benefit's.

Is it a bolt on exhaust so if l swap out my orig exhaust l can put the orig exhaust back in later on.

Thanks

alan

The Z06 ti muffler cars that I have been in sound the same as stock C5 mufflers. The benefit is the weight difference. It is a straight bolt on like your original muffler, as long as it has not been cut. Your original mufflers will bolt right back in.

Looking for a little more of a throaty sound

Hey
Thanks, as far as the weight difference, it's meaningless to me. What l was looking for is an exhaust note a little deeper then the stock one (2002) without going to a Corsa for example.

I also realize the Ti exhaust will sound different on a reg vette then the Z-06.

Thanks

Alan

What l was looking for is an exhaust note a little deeper then the stock one (2002)
If your motor is basically stock, then this isn't the exhaust for you.

Thanks a lot l will have to wait and listen to other vettes (C5's) that have changed their exhaust notes before l jump in.

Alan

I have one and think it sounds a little different under hard acceleration, but definitly not drastically so. Weight difference is the main benefit but I also thought it had a little less back pressure, could be wrong though.

Switched to Ti

I installed the Z06 Ti mufflers shortly after buying my C5. Two reasons: First, the stock exhaust tips look like they belong on a Caddy...hmmm... maybe because they are on the STS. ;) Second, I wanted a more throaty exhaust note, but this is my daily driver and didn't want to go deaf. The Z06 Ti mufflers are about as perfect a match as I could find. The larger tips look like they belong on a sports car, and the car has a bit more sound. Granted, it isn't much louder under normal cruise and acceleration, however if you begin to push the car hard, and under higher RPM for about 30-60 seconds, the Tis will heat up and really come to life. A friend of mine actually took his Mustang to an exhaust shop and told them he wanted it to sound like my Corvette. :L Once they cool back down after a few minutes of "normal" driving, they are nice and quiet again.

I put Z06 exhaust on my 03 and I think it was well worth it. They are louder, not much but just enough. They also look better than stock.
Just my $.02

I agree with love-n-life. I swapped mine out a couple weeks ago. They are very tame, except at wot. They "bark". I believe they flow 40% better and weigh 11 1/2 lbs. I found these on Craigslist for $40.00 !! I would probably have gone a different route had I not gotten a steal on these. They'll certainly outlast the life of the car, and they look cool.
IMG_0007-1.JPG

I agree with love-n-life. I swapped mine out a couple weeks ago. They are very tame, except at wot. They "bark". I believe they flow 40% better and weigh 11 1/2 lbs. I found these on Craigslist for $40.00 !! I would probably have gone a different route had I not gotten a steal on these. They'll certainly outlast the life of the car, and they look cool.

$40!!!!!???? That is a steal! :upthumbs

CORSA PACE is good!

If you want a better sound you'll need to get in to at least a Corsa Pace Car system!

I just put on the Corsa system,from westcoastcorvette, these puppy have the 7" wide oval tips (duals) and I love them. Great sound when you put your foot in it, very nice growl idle, but sounds stock when cruzin down hwy. Also put a smooth coupler on; the car runs better, did not hurt the performance bar. Its now it sounds like a corvette!!

dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom