Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cam

Black 86

Corvette
1986 Black coupe
Hi I have 86 iron headed and was wanting A little more power. I'm looking at A cam from lunati 270/280 204/214 .420intake .442exhaust with 112 separation how would this work.

Hi I have 86 iron headed and was wanting A little more power. I'm looking at A cam from lunati 270/280 204/214 .420intake .442exhaust with 112 separation how would this work.

You might take a better liking to the Crane # 114132 - 210/216 @ .50 & 400/454 lift.

If I'm not mistaken the stock cam is a 202/206 @ .50

With that Lunati, you may not notice much diff. & w/ the Crane you won't have to reprogram unless you do a bunch of other mods too. At least that is what Crane tech support told me.

Ill second that CRANE 114132 suggestion, its proven to be a good 30-35 hp increase with zero problems, in many vettes over many years..its about IDEAL for a nearly stock TPI, engines power curve, BTW it LIKEs being matched with 1.6:1 ratio roller rockers, and DESPITE what it says in the instructions it doesn,t REQUIRE that 3.73:1 rear gear ratio, or higher fuel pressure BUT IT DOES work better WITH THEM INSTALLED, as it allows the cam to produce to its full potential

http://www.cranecams.com/?show=browseParts&action=partSpec&partNumber=114132&lvl=2&prt=5

Would speed pro piston work? Part number is H345np 10:1 with 58cc heads. But I'll be running the stock heads for now 76cc

Would speed pro piston work? Part number is H345np 10:1 with 58cc heads. But I'll be running the stock heads for now 76cc

Those are the exact pistons that were put in mine. But according to my calc's, based on 0.30 over bore, milled block deck and my 56 cc Trick flow Heads, I now have closer to 11:1 cpr. I used a couple of website comp. calculators (courtesy of "Grumpyvette") to help me determine my actual cpr.
Your application may yeald a lower cpr depending on what machine work you do and the heads used.

BTW, your stock heads should be 58cc, not 76cc

I'll try to find A Calc. Thanks for the info you guys are the best .

Based on my calc's, if you don't bore the cylinders or resurface the deck, those pistons should yeild a 10.5:1 cpr w/ the 58cc heads.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom