Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Callaway}Upcoming Event(s) What would you like to see and do??

*89x2*

Fellow Callaway Owners and Enthusiasts, as the winter sets in, we are going to be coming up quickly on finalizing the details for some of the upcoming events, in celebration of Twenty years of the Callaway Corvette.

With that in mind, I would ask each and every one of you to please take a few moments, think about past shows, or maybe an event you have heard about, and respond with your ideas on what would make these events GREAT! :cool

The hope is, to take your ideas and suggestions, and really make this year-long celebration something memorable :cool

-Special Display(s)
-Seminar(s)
-Racing
-????

Thanks for your input :beer

The Texas Motor Speedway event was fun this past year. I will have to plan on extra time at whichever event I plan to attend in the future. Time flies when you are having fun. I am sure Bowling Green will be a lot of fun this spring. It's fun meeting other Callaway owners and sharing stories.

20th Celebrations

Hey Chris,
How about an 07 in summary to date? I have seen many things discussed so far but I don't have a sense of the total calender to date.
What was that texas closed highway hi-speed event? Once in your life kinda thing huh?
I hope to be at a few.
Paul

Being that it will be an expense to get my car to any event (from Fla), chances are that I will ship it to just one event. At this point it will most likely be Carlisle.

However depending on work assignments at the time, I may attend the other events - just without my car.

-Luigi
:cool

Guys, the first event of the bunch, is the C4 Gathering at the Natl' C'Vette Museum in May.

There, a car show will exist, autocross, drag racing (if there is interest), and road tours. Additionally, seminars may be offered, and some other neat stuff is in the works.

With your suggestions brought to the table, it will be an event designed by owner & enthusiasts, FOR the owners & enthusiasts :cool

Enjoy! :beer

Please take the time to respond...

Folks, Any more thoughts on this??

I ran into a few owners this past weekend and jotted down their thoughts - they are looking forward to the big three shows :cool

Enjoy! :v :w

When I finally obtain a C8, we will have to have another Texas Motor Speedway event :D

I wonder when that will be though :ugh

;)

As for transporting or doing any traveling to go to shows, I'm out, at least for the time being. If it isn't obvious, money is pretty low right now. Gotta make some before I spend it ;).

Folks, Any more thoughts on this??

I ran into a few owners this past weekend and jotted down their thoughts - they are looking forward to the big three shows :cool

Enjoy! :v :w

Assuming I ever get my car, I'll be transport-challenged like Luigi. Being out here in Arizona, it gets either expensive (if I have it transported) or time consuming (if I use my own trailer) to take it almost anywhere there is a show. I'll likely have to pick one to participate in, and it would probably be either Bloomington (for old-times sake, I used to go every year when I lived in Chicago) or Carlisle (because I've never been there before). It would be cool if there was something on the west coast.

Jon, I bet you are so anxious to get that car delivered! :cool

That is great to hear you are putting one or maybe even two of the events on your list of places to go for 2007 - I wish there was someting comparable to the three venues listed. Sadly, there isn't anything like those places out in the west.

Just a bit a trivia here - more than a decade ago, there was an idea to have a "big show" out in the west - it may have lasted for one or two years, if any at all... After it fizzled, there was never any other attempts. Not sure why it didn't work out, but...

Thanks Jon for the feedback - Again, glad you can be a part of it all :beer

The thing to do when you're with a big group. Have fun with everyone and see where these cars where build for...
Make a difficulty track on a big parking place. Everybody can see it, not much work to prepare and big fun! No possible damage or ware to the car so what more do you want? Maybe an idea :)

Groeten Peter.

The thing to do when you're with a big group. Have fun with everyone and see where these cars where build for...
Make a difficulty track on a big parking place. Everybody can see it, not much work to prepare and big fun! No possible damage or ware to the car so what more do you want? Maybe an idea :)

Groeten Peter.

The event at the Natl' C'Vette Museum is a great one planned, as its drag racing is w/ in a 5 min. drive from the NCM and Autocrossing like you mentioned, is in a BIG parking lot. Sure, someone managed to find a parked tractor trailer once w/ their car - but there was probably another reason for that besides the "car doing it" :eek

Thank you Peter for the feedback - I hope you can fly over for one or more of these events! :beer

Plan to make Carlisle this year! :D Bloominton Gold is pretty close for me, so if some of the Callaways are there I will probably go. Haven't been to Bowling Green in many years but if possible may go. Hoping all this attention will draw out some cars that haven't been seen in awhile! Would love to see a little dragstrip Callaway action even though I realize launching the TT's is a challenge! Unfortunately #59 will probably not make any events this year. :cry Plan to get as many pictures as possible for my restoration. Hope to see a few of you this year ! :beer

Sounds good Ike :beer

Folks, any more input on the events??

It has been suggested that for the outdoor event, a large tent be provided, as cars like Speedsters and LM's, racecars, etc., will need solid cover if we expect them to attend.

Also, often times, those who bring their cars to shows that have them featured as we are talking here, receive a unique commemorative item - a plaque, or other item - any thoughts on that??

Thanks again for all the input - Enjoy! :beer

Assuming I ever get my car, I'll be transport-challenged like Luigi. Being out here in Arizona, it gets either expensive (if I have it transported) or time consuming (if I use my own trailer).

Jon, that is my dilemma - do I ship the car and hop a flight, or do I buy that hauler I have always wanted and drive it there on the back??

Price wise, by the time you invest the money in the hauler and time to drive it, you would not be far ahead - if at all :ugh

The flip side is, you have a hauler you can use - and sell later, getting most - if not all your money back out of it.

As many here know, I am a HUGE fan of the Hodges ramp-bed haulers :cool I called on a Dodge a few mos. ago however, it had already sold - last week, I emailed about a GMC hauler w/ matching trailer - it would carry two cars :cool Again, Sold. :(

Prices on these seem to be ~ 20-40k for a NICE(!) used one and seem to sell quickly - so there is a used market for sure.

I hope this helps :m

Jon, that is my dilemma - do I ship the car and hop a flight, or do I buy that hauler I have always wanted and drive it there on the back??

Price wise, by the time you invest the money in the hauler and time to drive it, you would not be far ahead - if at all :ugh

The flip side is, you have a hauler you can use - and sell later, getting most - if not all your money back out of it.

As many here know, I am a HUGE fan of the Hodges ramp-bed haulers :cool I called on a Dodge a few mos. ago however, it had already sold - last week, I emailed about a GMC hauler w/ matching trailer - it would carry two cars :cool Again, Sold. :(

Prices on these seem to be ~ 20-40k for a NICE(!) used one and seem to sell quickly - so there is a used market for sure.

I hope this helps :m

I have a small enclosed trailer and a 1/2 ton Chevy truck that I used to haul my '69 to shows. The trailer is probably smaller than most would like to use (16'), but because of the curved nose, it fits these cars nicely. It pulls great, and is the combined rig is easy to drive. As an added plus, it doesn't really look like a car hauler (again, because of the size), so I feel a little safer when I stop for the night, as opposed to those big 18-24' trailers that scream "Hey - I've got a cool car in here, why don't you break in and check it out?". I made the investment to pull cars to shows, but having that enclosed trailer has really come in handy for many other things too.

I've heard that, once you buy a truck, you are everybody's best friend. If that is true, then once you've got a trailer they'll swear your family. :L

I have a small enclosed trailer and a 1/2 ton Chevy truck that I used to haul my '69 to shows. The trailer is probably smaller than most would like to use (16'), but because of the curved nose, it fits these cars nicely. It pulls great, and is the combined rig is easy to drive. As an added plus, it doesn't really look like a car hauler (again, because of the size), so I feel a little safer when I stop for the night, as opposed to those big 18-24' trailers that scream "Hey - I've got a cool car in here, why don't you break in and check it out?". I made the investment to pull cars to shows, but having that enclosed trailer has really come in handy for many other things too.

I've heard that, once you buy a truck, you are everybody's best friend. If that is true, then once you've got a trailer they'll swear your family. :L

I was on my way to Bloomington Gold, pulling "the fridge which is a 28 ft Haulmark. BIG Trailer, I have decided I will only go w/ in 150 miles w/ it, as it beats the heck out of our truck!

I wound up driving our SNAT to BG that year and my wife folowed in the truck, trailer left behind in a truck stop.

The Hodges haulers are cool - my only worry is they are open (enclosed version is 22k for the bed alone :eek )

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom