Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EGR Pipe Heat Shield

RV Guy

Corvette
1986 Silver/Gray Coupe
My EGR pipe heat shield is very deteriorated and I purchased a new one from Corvette Central. It didn't come with any instructions and it looks like a very simple installation. My concern is the wire that is connected to a solenoid? in the pipe. It has to be disconnected to get the new shield on. Where does it disconnect? It looks like it might just pull off of the device it is connected to in the pipe but I don't want to cause myself any undue greef.

Thanks.

Thanks! Another thing I noticed is that the shield I have, looks just like the one in the picture you sent, is shorter than the one on the car now. Mine is an '86 and it is listed in the catalog as using the 11 1/4" shield and that's what I have. They list a longer one but it is for new years. Any idea?

Thanks again.

How is the velcro holding up to the heat? I would think that the cloth and/or plastic that makes up the velcro would melt. :eek

The OEM shield is stapled and some of the aftermarket shield require some sort of fastener like a staple.

How is the velcro holding up to the heat? I would think that the cloth and/or plastic that makes up the velcro would melt. :eek

The OEM shield is stapled and some of the aftermarket shield require some sort of fastener like a staple.

Mine's been on there for years, no problem.

Thanks! Another thing I noticed is that the shield I have, looks just like the one in the picture you sent, is shorter than the one on the car now. Mine is an '86 and it is listed in the catalog as using the 11 1/4" shield and that's what I have. They list a longer one but it is for new years. Any idea?

Thanks again.

It's best to get the longer one and cut to lenght if needed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom