Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

b2k turbo boost question

J

jim gramms

HI GUYS
JUST A LITTLE HELP REQUIRED. I AM PUTTING THE CAR ON THE DYNO TO BE TUNED NEXT WEEK. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS A SAFE BOOST PRESSURE OR THE MAXIMUM I CAN GO TO IN ORDER TO GIVE IT A LITTLE BIT MORE HORSE POWER, AS I AM NOT SURE AS TO WHAT CALLAWAY ARE RUNNING AS A STANDARD SETTING

CHEERS FROM DOWN UNDER

HI GUYS
JUST A LITTLE HELP REQUIRED. I AM PUTTING THE CAR ON THE DYNO TO BE TUNED NEXT WEEK. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS A SAFE BOOST PRESSURE OR THE MAXIMUM I CAN GO TO IN ORDER TO GIVE IT A LITTLE BIT MORE HORSE POWER, AS I AM NOT SURE AS TO WHAT CALLAWAY ARE RUNNING AS A STANDARD SETTING

CHEERS FROM DOWN UNDER

~ 54Hg absolute is standard for 88+

Where is Surf, Luigi, Callaway4Fun, RedB2K's, 632, 90Callaway, ETViper, 8388, UltraSlow, et al, when we need them :cool :lou

Boost but don't bust!...

Sounds about right. Though I would always use a bit of "good" gas to help avoid any detonation in the event of it running lean during boost. If I am pushing the car I like 50% premium 93 with 50% 103.

-Luigi
:cool

Jim, if you have 93 octane gas 56 is safe assuming everything is in order. It appears quite a few b2ks run lean on a dyno so its imperative you make sure the car isn't running too lean. If its running lean...shut 'er down. :beer

Like Luigi said, if you can get a few gallons of good gas in the tank, do it.

Jim, if you have 93 octane gas 56 is safe assuming everything is in order. It appears quite a few b2ks run lean on a dyno so its imperative you make sure the car isn't running too lean. If its running lean...shut 'er down. :beer

Like Luigi said, if you can get a few gallons of good gas in the tank, do it.

Surf, at what boost level were you making your most power??

On a cold day, I swear my car has gone 55-56 Hg's FUN! :cool :lou

I see 58 hg on my 87. Make sure no detonation! I would not use race fuel for tuning unless you will run it at all times. Make sure the fuel is fresh-not old. Pay close attention to the afr during dyno runs. Monitor spark knock thru complete run.

Make sure no detonation! I would not use race fuel for tuning unless you will run it at all times.

I agree about the tuning and forgot to include these in my first post, sorry. Only tune to race gas if youre gonna use it all the time.

I ran a good gas mix all the time in my car. When I sold it I had it retuned for pump gas. 58" is no problem if youre running good fuel and youre not leaning out. I believe that is what 90Callaway has his car tuned to.

Chris, when on the road my boost would do a quick spike to 58" and then settle in at 56". On the dyno, where there is less load, I never saw over 56" hg.

All I can add is that, is that it's probably a good idea to install an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, if your going to see greater than 55" on a regular basis.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom