Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB Defroster switch for '81

ZAL81

Corvette
81 Charcoal Metallic 4-spd & 94 Red 6 spd vert
As The titls says, I need a defroster switch for my '81. The on/off indicator light in my old one has burnt out.

Thanks, Zane

No one sells a replacement. I've been looking for one since '99 when I got my 'vette. Best bet is a junkyard or ebay; someone selling a used one. Sorry about the bad news.

-Tatortot

Yeah, that price is crazy. Mine still works too, you just have to hold it in the "on" position for it to work. I guess its good to know someone still has these parts. Good luck!

-Tatortot

Yeah, that price is crazy. Mine still works too, you just have to hold it in the "on" position for it to work. I guess its good to know someone still has these parts. Good luck!

-Tatortot

To both of you. The part is servicesible.

The bulb is soldiered to the circuit board. Open it up and replace it.

As for having to hold it on...maybe an easier fix...could be the contact inside the switch is bent...if broken(not likely) different problem.

Only thing I suggest is that when you push in the tabs on eachside to get the top off be very careful if the are real dry the will snap.

Jim

Thanks jpd6000. Next time I have the console apart (which is not soon I hope) I'll try it.

-Tatortot

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom