Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone use the cross-drilled, sloted ebay rotors?

carrollm

Corvette
64 327/300 4sp.CP., 66 CP 355/4sp
The price just seems to get cheaper by the month! Are they any good? I can get drilled / slotted front and rears for under 250.00. on ebay
I want to run good rotors without spending a fortune. Are these even worth looking at or am I wasting my time?

64mike

I used them and they worked fine. After two years - still no rust and they run nice and true. I didn't buy the cheapest ones but I didn't buy the Wildwood ones either. I found a guy who was in the middle of the pack and went with them. I have a friend with a 69 who has done the same thing with the same results.

I used them and they worked fine. After two years - still no rust and they run nice and true. I didn't buy the cheapest ones but I didn't buy the Wildwood ones either. I found a guy who was in the middle of the pack and went with them. I have a friend with a 69 who has done the same thing with the same results.

Damn, 2 years? Honestly, that's the longest I've heard someone using our rotors. I've never received any type of feedback past 1 year. Good to know! :upthumbs

Carollm, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd like you to be as informed as possible, whether or not your purchase the product.

If you don't plan on buying our rotors, let me know who your deciding on. We are a manufacturer, so we do know a lot of suppliers personally. I'll give you my honest opinion about the quality of brakes out there.

To everyone else that have purchase rotors from us, thank you for the support.

I'm thinking of giving them a try on my 68 next time I need rotors looks like a good product at a good price.

Welcome to the CAC

r1concepts,

Welcome. It sounds like you have a quality product at a fair price.

When I converted my 1969 C10 to discs I thought about using drilled and slotted rotors but I couldn't find anyone that could answer one question for me. In the future can the rotors be turned to true them up if necessary or will the cutting tool catch in the holes and slots?

Tom

What would be the shipping cost (ground) to
Ontario, Canada?

Are you looking at front and rear? Also, what is the year, make, and model? I need to estimate the shipping weight.

r1concepts,

Welcome. It sounds like you have a quality product at a fair price.

When I converted my 1969 C10 to discs I thought about using drilled and slotted rotors but I couldn't find anyone that could answer one question for me. In the future can the rotors be turned to true them up if necessary or will the cutting tool catch in the holes and slots?

Tom

Tom, usually I don’t recommend turning the rotors for two reasons. First of all is the cost. Usually turning them is about $15.00 - $30.00 per rotor, depending on where you get them from. With that price, I might as well buy new rotors. Secondly, when you turn the rotors, the slots will no longer be even. Therefore, one point on the slot may be a bit deeper than the point on the slot.

As far as the cutting tool goes, I’m not sure if it will be caught in the holes. I’d too like to know though; see if you can get the answer to that.

Shipping is $72.15 via UPS, usually about 5-7 days. Also, you will probably be charged with brokerage or duty fees.

FWIW: I bought a set from eBayer *rotorworks* for my 1996 lincoln Town Car. They don't look as good as R1's rotors, but they really woke up the braking. Considering it's a gigantic vehicle by today's standards I am VERY impressed with the addition of the drilled and slotted rotors.

Some of the eBay rotors are not nearly as nice. I put a set on my wife's Altima (drilled only) and they are not even close to the quality of rotorworks. From the pictures, R1 and rotorworks look like about equal quality, but R1 has the extra features listed

FWIW: I bought a set from eBayer *rotorworks* for my 1996 lincoln Town Car. They don't look as good as R1's rotors, but they really woke up the braking. Considering it's a gigantic vehicle by today's standards I am VERY impressed with the addition of the drilled and slotted rotors.

Some of the eBay rotors are not nearly as nice. I put a set on my wife's Altima (drilled only) and they are not even close to the quality of rotorworks. From the pictures, R1 and rotorworks look like about equal quality, but R1 has the extra features listed

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Not your fault...it was mine. Is that UPS ground? No duty under the North America Free Trade Ageement (NAFTA) if they are labelled "Made in USA." In other words are they? Or Chinese? The price suggests off-shore. Not a comment on quality, just a comment on taxes I will pay that you in the USA will not.

Brokerage fees are the bane of Canadians' existence but generally unavoidable. I have to do some $s arithmetic before getting back to you.

R1- Do you have a phone # and pay-pal address that we may order direct through you (and skip the e-bay fees?). Also, do you make the slotted only rotors? I have heard that the drilled rotors (any brand) may crack under racing conditions.

Thanks!
64Mike

Man, sorry for the extremely long delay! I didn't recieve a message notification regarding this message. Anyways, my phone number is 714-777-2323 ext. 7007. Please ask for Sam.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom