Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaways in Prague?? Czech Corvette meet:

*89x2*

Came across these and, WOW :eek the lavender one is WOW! :cool

Is it the car from the magazines back in 1993 (R&T I think) :confused

prague200636.jpg

prague2006267.jpg

prague2006329.jpg

prague2006131.jpg

prague2006124.jpg

prague2006125.jpg

prague2006127.jpg

prague2006238.jpg

prague2006242.jpg

prague2006243.jpg

The lavendar one is incredible! What an amazing color combination!

To me, that might just look better than Old Lyme green on the aerobodied Corvettes :_rock

That purple is awesome. It has the same silver/white undertone that Old Lyme Green does. Id love to see that in a blue tint.

I like that purple CR1 - it looks like one that was for sale in Texas a few years back.

-Luigi
:cool

Looks like the red B2K has a German license plate (I think).
The purple one also has a very nice interior, think it's the full leather option or not? Luigi is right it looks like the CR1 from a few years ago but that one has a very hard purple color and this one is very soft. Also the for sale CR1 had a centre exhaust if I recall correctly :)
Also very weird to see Chris googled up these pictures of come nice european Callaway's that I've never seen and its almost in my backyard. ;)

Groeten Peter.

The purple one also has a very nice interior, think it's the full leather option or not? Luigi is right it looks like the CR1 from a few years ago but that one has a very hard purple color and this one is very soft. Also the for sale CR1 had a centre exhaust if I recall correctly :)
Also very weird to see Chris googled up these pictures of come nice european Callaway's that I've never seen and its almost in my backyard. ;)

Groeten Peter.

Peter, you know I am good like that, in finding Callaway stuff :cool :beer

Re: the lavender car - it looks more like the SuperNatural from Road & Track in 1993 :cool

The car that was for sale in Texas a few years back, was an AeroBody on a regular ZR1, not a Callaway SuperNatural. You can see the SNAT decal in the back glass in the first pic of the car and it must have been a VERY early car, as those had a script font on the decal vs. the later design using the traditional font :cool

Also, the center exhaust on the Texas car, was not done by Callaway either :ugh

Everytime I look at that lavendar one I am in awe at the interior. How did they manage to get all of those parts and pieces in lavendar?!

Is it completely leather wrapped or what? It look amazing :W

My C8 is going to have to be like that now :cool

snip
Groeten Peter.
Correct.

OG is for Ortenaukreis (in Offenburg), and it's a red plate, which means it's not a permanent plate. Ie. some mechanics use that for cars to drive to and from the shop to test the car or move it. So, this car doesnt hold legal/official road worthiness in Germany. And he might get a big fine in other countries, as not all European countries recognize the plate. Italy has been know to fine 1000 Euro and sometimes impound the car.. :eyerole

The 06 start of the number means it's a mechanics shop's plate (07 is for private users).

:w
-Stefan

What is the red car to the left of the car with the red "OG" plate? It looks like a C4 with a different front fascia. Wonder what the rest of that one looks like? :confused

Rick
:gap

They could have dyed all the interior parts. But when you put so much $$ into your vette, the extra 10k for a all leather interior isn't that much. When everything goes according to plan, my c3 will receive a compleet leather interior next year. Color (magnolia) almost the same as the "titanic" Speedster.

The car next to the red B2K has a Stalker bodykit, here in holland alone we have 1600 vette total and 3 of them have the Stalker front bumper but only one has the Stalker rear bumper.
Here are a couple of pictures if you click away the direct x warnings...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236613/1
The hood thing and rear spoilers are not in the Stalker kit if I'm correct :)

I also wonder why the red B2k has his exhaust way up next to his licenseplate, how did he get them that high and where did the reverse lights go...

Groeten Peter.

I also wonder why the red B2k has his exhaust way up next to his licenseplate, how did he get them that high and where did the reverse lights go...

Groeten Peter.

Peter, without a spare tire under the car, it is fairly hollow behine the AeroBody tail - the honeycomb is removed when that is installed and looking at the exhaust on my SNAT, it would not take much to have it come out the back as well :cool

I went through my archive of pics and dug this up:
lavendarcallaway.jpg

So it's true that there is/was a lavendar Callaway in Texas as well. It's a '91 ZR1 owned by a man named Paul C. (I thought Luigi was confusing the purple run-flat car for lavendar, but apparently not!)

That looks like a different color to me, but given that I don't know the Callaway Vettes that well, I can't say for sure.

lavendarcallaway.jpg

So it's true that there is/was a lavendar Callaway in Texas as well. It's a '91 ZR1 owned by a man named Paul C. (I thought Luigi was confusing the purple run-flat car for lavendar, but apparently not!)

I believe Paul sold that car a couple of years ago.

As far as the R&T cover, those pearl jobs can look really different in certain lighting situations. I wouldn't doubt its the same car.

The wheels match the car in the magazine.

That color will change with the lighting. Plus the fact that the magazine is scanned further compromizes the original color of the car. So I really think that the car in the magazine is the same car that was in Texas, which is possibly the car now in Europe.

My car color also looks different with varying lighting conditions, and is hard to photograph correctly.

-Luigi
:cool

That looks like a different color to me, but given that I don't know the Callaway Vettes that well, I can't say for sure.

Brangeta, the key here to identify the car as a very early car, is the script font in the rear window decal :cool

SuperNatural 475 :cool

Not a SuperNatural, or CR1

lavendarcallaway.jpg

Guys, the car in this picture was an AeroBody on a ZR1, with the exhaust then added by its (Texas) owner.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom