Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

California, Nevada, and Arizona Owners - any interest in...

Would you be interested in bringing your Callaway to a So.Cal. Owners Event?

• Total voters

*89x2*

California, Nevada, and Arizona Owners - any interest in a "Callaway Cruise-in" in Southern Calif.?

There has been an offer to feature the Callaway Corvettes at the "Cars and Coffee" event one weekend and if there is indeed interest, we would be the "featured marque" :cool

Here is the C and C thread from a week ago :v

[URL="http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90751"]...never had the coffee, I went for the cars![/url]

Please select a poll choice if you are interested - thanks! :beer

...and a few pics - the Ford GT was the featured marque that weekend :cool

attachment.php

attachment.php

California, Nevada, and Arizona Owners - any interest in a "Callaway Cruise-in" in Southern Calif.?

There has been an offer to feature the Callaway Corvettes at the "Cars and Coffee" event one weekend and if there is indeed interest, we would be the "featured marque" :cool

Here is the C and C thread from a week ago :v

[URL="http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90751"]...never had the coffee, I went for the cars![/URL]

Please select a poll choice if you are interested - thanks! :beer

...and a few pics - the Ford GT was the featured marque that weekend :cool

I've been thinking about this since you posted it, and I'm really struggling. I would love to vote 'yes', particularly since I've commented more than once about having a west coast located show. Unfortunately LA is still a 5 hour drive for me, so call it 10 hours of driving/towing for what essentially sounds like only a couple of hour show. Whether or not I could attend would depend entirely on when it happened, and the hope that I could schedule something else in the LA area around the same time to make the drive worthwhile.

I've been thinking about this since you posted it, and I'm really struggling. I would love to vote 'yes', particularly since I've commented more than once about having a west coast located show. Unfortunately LA is still a 5 hour drive for me, so call it 10 hours of driving/towing for what essentially sounds like only a couple of hour show. Whether or not I could attend would depend entirely on when it happened, and the hope that I could schedule something else in the LA area around the same time to make the drive worthwhile.

Jon, I know what you mean about the drive times - I spend a lot of my day on the road so I feel your pain. :crazy

Maybe we can make this for more than a few hours :confused

Maybe we can coordinate this with the grand opening of the new So.Cal. Callaway Assembly / Service facility and make it one BIG weekend show - or at least a full day Saturday :cool

What do you think?? :cool :beer

Jon, I know what you mean about the drive times - I spend a lot of my day on the road so I feel your pain. :crazy

Maybe we can make this for more than a few hours :confused

Maybe we can coordinate this with the grand opening of the new So.Cal. Callaway Assembly / Service facility and make it one BIG weekend show - or at least a full day Saturday :cool

What do you think?? :cool :beer
That's sounding better and better. Any idea when the Callaway facility is opening?

That's sounding better and better. Any idea when the Callaway facility is opening?

When I called last week regarding this the woman who answered the phone said they had not located a facility yet. She also did not know if they were going to be equipped to handle the tuning of the B2k cars but rather as an install shop? In short, she said to call back after New Year's.

When I called last week regarding this the woman who answered the phone said they had not located a facility yet. She also did not know if they were going to be equipped to handle the tuning of the B2k cars but rather as an install shop? In short, she said to call back after New Year's.

It is true that there are a couple of locations up in the air right now however, they're getting close on this! :cool

I imagine that initially at least, the primary focus of the facility will be to produce new cars / install packages for customers on the west-coast. Possibly at some point, B2K and other earlier model support will be included - During my visit to LA last week, I was impressed by the demand for the new Callaway SC560 cars and interest in the C16 :cool

If I am on the west coast when the grand opening takes place, I would drop in. No car, but I would show up.

-Luigi
:cool

If I am on the west coast when the grand opening takes place, I would drop in. No car, but I would show up.

-Luigi
:cool

Luigi, I am with you on that - I will ship my car(s) once or twice, but three times this year may be a bit much. That said, I would DEFINATELY be up for an LA area event in conjunction with a west-coast open house :cool

I would love to hear from more west-coast Callaway Owners here :cool

Also, when would owners like to see about doing this?? Is there a month in particular? Really, any time before 2008 would work :cool LA has warm temps it seems, all year 'round :upthumbs

Also, when would owners like to see about doing this?? Is there a month in particular? Really, any time before 2008 would work :cool LA has warm temps it seems, all year 'round :upthumbs

If we are going to do something in conjunction with Callaway's grand opening, wouldn't that be the deciding factor on time? Do they have any idea when they will be opening?

If we are going to do something in conjunction with Callaway's grand opening, wouldn't that be the deciding factor on time? Do they have any idea when they will be opening?

Jon, It may be more of a celebration there vs. the actual opening date - although anything is possible.

If more folks said they would be more interested in the fall, then the fall it would be. However, this spring is a natural - but w/ Bowling Green in May, there is a bunch going on to prepare for that :cool

I'd vote for late summer or early fall then. With my daughter getting married in the spring, we've got alot going on already.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom