Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shrink Wrap !!!!!

Hotwing

Corvette
2004 Torch Red Coupe
I don't put my Vette away for the winter....But some of my friends have their boats shrink wrapped for the winter....I was wondering if that could be safely done to a Corvette for the winter....?????

Even if you could shrink wrap a Vette (I frankly have never heard of anyone trying it), why would you want to attempt it? At some point, you're going to want to pull the shrink wrap off, and the only way to do that will involve the use of a sharp metal implement. Do you really want to be using that around your Corvette's finish?

If you really want some form of climate controlled protection for Vette, MidAmerica sells these sort of plastic bubble kits. You just drive the Corvette inside and seal it. It keeps its shape, and getting your Vette out again is as simple as unzipping it.

:w
-Patrick

Hey ....It was just a tought....(Thinking.....Wonder why they shrink wrap $100,000 boats and what would be the point).

Shrink wrapping without proper ventilation creates an environment that mold seems to thrive in. I know people that won't even shrink wrap their aluminum boats.

Maybe you can try it next year and let us know how things worked out the following spring?;)

Shrink wrapping without proper ventilation creates an environment that mold seems to thrive in. I know people that won't even shrink wrap their aluminum boats.

Maybe you can try it next year and let us know how things worked out the following spring?;)

I'll pass on that :eyerole

Shrink wrapping boats is a little different. A boat is like a convertable it's all opened. You don't want to store it outside with the top down. A boat's finish is a little tougher than a car's paint job it can resist a lot more. If I would shrink wrap my vette I would cover it first then wrap it. But that would never happen.:crazy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom