Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

need some electrical identification

srs244

Corvette
1978 pace car, 04 CE convert
i'm re-doing the entire interior of my 78 pace car and could use some help identifying a part i can't seem to locate in the AIM (or on the wiring diagram i have). there is a relay/switch?? mounted on the top of the tunnel just in front of the rear brake cover support behind the handbrake assembly. it has two plug attached to it. the top is wired with yellow, orange and black wires. the black wire is grounded to the cover support and the other 2 wires run along the passenger side of the tunnel up under the dash. the lower plug (mine has been cut and there aren't any matching wires that i could find) is wired with 3 wires. green, white and grey (which might be dull purple instead of grey). what is the part, and what is the function of the connection that has been cut on my assembly??

many thanks for the help

i'm re-doing the entire interior of my 78 pace car and could use some help identifying a part....

I'm also restoring my entire interior and windshield. Do yourself a favor and order a wiring schematic from Don Olson aka "vetsvette2002".

I gave up using Corvette manuals and other diagrams. Don's wiring diagrams are in color to match the actual wiring colors. They're large and laminated, and really easy to follow. I'm not done yet, but have been able to successfully trace and repair all my dash lights, and other circuits using Don's wiring diagram.

Just send Don an email and he will give you all the info you'll need to place your order. His email address is vetsvette2002@yahoo.com. Lots of folks here in CAC have used his schmatic and are pleased.

Take care,

Ralph
:beer
P.S. Also, I used heat shrink butt-connectors for all the wiring repairs. These provide solid, moisture resistant connections.

Power antenna relay. Factory wires TO the antenna FROM the relay were gray, white and green. Orange is fused at the clock/lighter fuse and yellow goes into and then back out of the factory radio. It's switched inside the radio when radio is turned on or off. Was your antenna replaced with an aftermarket antenna? Mike

Power antenna relay. Factory wires TO the antenna FROM the relay were gray, white and green. Orange is fused at the clock/lighter fuse and yellow goes into and then back out of the factory radio. It's switched inside the radio when radio is turned on or off. Was your antenna replaced with an aftermarket antenna? Mike

it appears as if it is a replacement (i have an original that i will be replacing into the car as part of the restoration). many thanks for that information.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom