Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

lowering the car

corvette66

Corvette
1969 427
So i recently set the motor for my 74 into the engine bay. Man the car sits up high. So i thought maybe because the car was originally a bbc car that the springs are a little heftier. But i set the same motor (358) into my 81 project and have the same problem. The car sits up like it's on a set of 26's with air shocks!!
What is the easiest way to lower the front end? Surely these cars don't all sit that high. I'm also pretty sure they are original springs. This was all after i settled the suspension. The back is also sitting kina high
what do you suggest?????????? I really don't want to buy new springs, or chop the other ones
thanx

So i recently set the motor for my 74 into the engine bay. Man the car sits up high. So i thought maybe because the car was originally a bbc car that the springs are a little heftier.
Yes BB springs are "stronger"

But i set the same motor (358) into my 81 project and have the same problem. The car sits up like it's on a set of 26's with air shocks!!

Try loosening the bolts that go thru the upper/lower a frame bushings and retighten when car "settles"

Note to people replacing a frame bushings
leave the bolts loose untill car is off jacks and sitting on its
own weight.

Hope this helps

hey yeah thats a great idea. I noticed when i put together the front end of my 81 some time ago, i tightened all the bushing before hand and noticed everything got real springy. i'll try that. brb
thanx

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom