Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Callaway C16 SuperCar) Here's mine...

*89x2*

O.k., so I am daydreaming again :cool I am very good at that...

Anyways, here is how I would spec out my new Callaway C16 if I were to buy one today :upthumbs

What do you think??

How would you design yours?? Anything goes! :v

attachment.php

Where did you get that pic from? Is there somewhere on callawaycars.com where we can build our own?

Where did you get that pic from? Is there somewhere on callawaycars.com where we can build our own?

Not from there, I started with a base pic, and colored to my liking - it was a bit lighter shade of the gunmetal - and of course, I like my windows dark :cool

Can you work your photoshop magic to make one for you?? :upthumbs

(Sorry in advance for my odd typing; I had to help out a friend all day, and I've only had 3 hours sleep).

Do you get your Callaway images from a certain website, or how do you have access to pics I've never seen? Is it just a perk of being friends with Callaway? I'm curious, because this looks like a studio shot, I LOVE studio shots, and studio shots are what are typically available to the media.

I have media access (for high-res images) from GM, Ford, and DaimlerChrysler, (technically some others like Toyota, VW, etc but I never look at them) but I don't know where Callaway puts their stuff online. (The aforementioned manufacturers use Wieck.) I know the pictures of the orange C16 sitting on the grass were offered to the media, but sadly I've never been able to find out where they received them from. :confused Since I worked for a smaller newspaper, we may not have had access offerred to us.

I'd love to have original, unedited image if you'd email it to me without the text on it. Do you have it in higher resolution? It's easier to work in photoshop when the pic is high-res and completely uncompressed.

It's such a great image too :upthumbs

Thanks Chris, you rule! I'll have my Brangeta C16 Special Edition created tomorrow probably. :cool

There's no tomorrow quite like today...

I gotta say Chris, your watermarks on your images sure do protect them. I had hell trying to get rid of the lower one. The upper one was easy, but that lower one... geez. So, rest assured, your images are difficult to rip off!

However, I decided I'd rather replace the background completely with one of my own design.

This silver C16 was nice; the orange and red ones don't lend themselves to creating the color I like since they are non-metallic. This one though... perfect.

c16.jpg

Sure, I can do that. Will you be a pal and find the paint sample he posted somewhere? I have a busy day today and won't be able to get around to doing the photoshop until later this evening.

Since you were so quick to find it, I went ahead and quckly changed the color. Only took about 5 minutes :).

I added some extra metallic to try to match the paint sample.

c16turquoise.jpg

Man that looks great. I need to learn how to freakin Photoshop :hb

Brangeta,

:upthumbs

Many Many Thanks! That is certainly my color. Hopefully sometime later in the year. Great Work.

-Luigi
:cool

Man that looks great. I need to learn how to freakin Photoshop :hb
Practice makes perfect. There are some guides to doing car photoshop work online like http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm but I personally think it sucks. His method of changing the color of a car is the worst I've ever seen, it just gives artificial results. If you'd like my method, I can type it up tomorrow.

Luigi-- no problem, glad you like it.

Practice makes perfect. There are some guides to doing car photoshop work online like http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm but I personally think it sucks. His method of changing the color of a car is the worst I've ever seen, it just gives artificial results. If you'd like my method, I can type it up tomorrow.

Luigi-- no problem, glad you like it.

Thanks for the link. It makes it seem easy enough, I'll have to try it.

I would mind seeing your way either if you get time to write it up :beer

Thanks for the link. It makes it seem easy enough, I'll have to try it.

I would mind seeing your way either if you get time to write it up :beer
Are you using a PC or a Mac? I can write my instructions for either one.

Also, how familiar are you with the program? There are some basics that really, really help with working with files.

If on PC:
zoom in: ctrl =
zoom out: ctrl -
zoom fit-screen: ctrl 0
hand (allows you to click and drag the graphic while zoomed inso you don't have to use the inconvenient scroll bars): hold SPACEBAR, click and pull the direction you want (works with everything but the text tool)

If on Mac:
replace "ctrl" with the Apple/Command button

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm not comfortable sharing my secret with the world on doing this. I'll PM you.

...People already subscribing to this thread however, should now have the instructions in their email box though ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom