Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wind Noise from T-Tops

R

rbell@idtfla.com

I have wind noise from my tops which I understand is a common problem. I have already replaced all of the rubber pieces and it is much better but not stopped. They do not appear to leak water which is good and seem to be pretty tight.

Any ideas or tips gretaly appreciated.

Bob

1st,welcome to CAC!!!! :CAC
2nd,enjoy the forums!!!!
now as far as wind noise...I don't know if it can be completely eliminated...how well are your windows getting sealed when you put them up??? this could be a contibuting factor in your wind noise.

Try opening the doors after you put the windows up. Mine will leak air until I open and reclose the passenger side door. Hope this helps.

-Tatortot

I know I have air comming in around the windows. I also replaced all of the weather stripping on the doors and windows but they are stil not tight, I have to mess with them as you say, I guess that takes adjustments of the glass itself to get that right?

Thx

Yes, you have to adjust the glass, however I do not know how to do it. I know you have to pull the door panels off. Hopefully someone else will chime in here.

-Tatortot

Yes, you have to adjust the glass, however I do not know how to do it. I know you have to pull the door panels off. Hopefully someone else will chime in here.

-Tatortot

After you remove the door panels there are anti-rattle cushions that can be adjusted. They are covered with a felt type of material. Hope this helps.
Chiller

Is it a bear to get the door pannels off?

Thx

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom