Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone know NY shop "not just vettes"?

oceangal

Corvette
1982 silver/claret
They are in Deer Park NY they also known and Corvette HQ?

I have been waiting for the new rear end from them and nothing has come. Emails are not answered and calls only get voice mail?

I would appreciate any info you might have. I am getting nervous as they only sold one thing on ebay and it was to me!! And now they are no longer registered.

Thanks,
Lori

yea i hate to tell you but the guy is an *******. pardon my french but that is teh only word that could describe him. :mad I live 5 mins from this place he was great at first but as soon as we wanted somthing big all went to hell. My father ordered seats for my 86 and he kept telling us it was back ordered and so on. So my dad called the company that this guy uses and teh seats were not on back order. we ordered straight from corevette america and had them in a week.

Keep calling and if you done get a response or what you wanted get your money back quick

yea i hate to tell you but the guy is an *******. pardon my french but that is teh only word that could describe him. :mad I live 5 mins from this place he was great at first but as soon as we wanted somthing big all went to hell. My father ordered seats for my 86 and he kept telling us it was back ordered and so on. So my dad called the company that this guy uses and teh seats were not on back order. we ordered straight from corevette america and had them in a week.

Keep calling and if you done get a response or what you wanted get your money back quick

Darn that is what I was afraid of :-(
I was thinking maybe they were on vacation as the receptionist isn't even answering. He sent us a priority mail tracking number that doesn't work. Paypal makes you wait 10 days til you can file a claim - sigh.
Thank you for the info!

by the way not all long islanders are asses hahaha. we actually have a nick name F.L.I.D. F***ing Long Island D***head

I play lacrosse at college and i have played across teh country and this summer the world and everyone seems to know Long Islanders are known as FLIDS haha just a fun fact

I will have to remember that one!

If you happen to be out and about and wouldn't mind swinging near there to see if the place has closed or there is a sign about being on vacation, I would appreciate it. All the voice mail boxes were full, so that seems odd.
I am the enternal optimist!
Thanks again :)

Darn that is what I was afraid of :-(
I was thinking maybe they were on vacation as the receptionist isn't even answering. He sent us a priority mail tracking number that doesn't work. Paypal makes you wait 10 days til you can file a claim - sigh.
Thank you for the info!

It's a good thing you used PayPal - you should be able to get your money back. If you don't receive your item, PayPal will take the money back from the guy's account. It's pretty cool, I was able to get an automatic refund from a "back-order" excuse seller.

I was burned once on eBay. I bought a big block engine from someone in Texas, and paid with a money order. It's a long painful story - but the bottom line was that I got screwed. eBay informed me that I would have faired better had I used PayPal.

You may want to contact Pay Pal and see about getting your money back.

I used to stop in there occasionally to buy a part or see what he had for sale car wise. I stopped in there about a month ago and it looked like the place had changed hands. The guy I talked to said they do car restorations but not exclusively Vettes. He still had some vette parts displayed and I inquired hoping to see if he was giving them away. He told me that the guys he bought the place from had yet to come back to clean out the place.

I know the old owners used to sell a lot on ebay but I don't recall their ebay ID.

Well we heard from the guy today! He said he was in Florida at a car show - Rick was going to wait til Monday and then contact paypal. The guy said he shipped the rear end out today.

Fingers crossed!!!

I hate to say it but I hope paypal refunds you even if they can't get their money back (the guy may have closed his accounts) cause we got screwed.
last conversation was him saying he was at the show and he would send it out on that Saturday. Now over a week later, nothing. So Rick calls the guy and his phone is temporarily disconnected. Not a good sign.
So I am out $30 - $400 and now i have to find a new rear end.
Darn!

I hope you get this resolved, I know how frustrating this can be especially when $$ is involded. Be careful with PayPal and don't assume you'll get anything back from them either. That only works if he has something in his account that they can withdraw, if he takes the money out guess what! I know because my wife went thru an episode with PayPal and that exact thing happened. They told her "sorry, no funds in the account".
If I were you I'd get your $$ back RIGHT NOW, if you're lucky enough to succede, buy it somewhere else from someone who has a reputation you can count on.

Best of luck

Edit: Ouch..............I just reread your post, this time with my good eye! Sorry about your misfortune. There are some good folks that will rebuild your rear end that are in CT, not far from you. If you want a contact let me know.

Bill

Fight it through e-bay and paypal simultaneously. And write down every e-mail address linked to the seller.

I had one bad e-bay experience, and the guy had one e-mail address assigned to his e-bay username, a second to his paypal account, and at least two others that showed up on correspondence.

I hate to say it but I hope paypal refunds you even if they can't get their money back (the guy may have closed his accounts) cause we got screwed.
last conversation was him saying he was at the show and he would send it out on that Saturday. Now over a week later, nothing. So Rick calls the guy and his phone is temporarily disconnected. Not a good sign.
So I am out $30 - $400 and now i have to find a new rear end.
Darn!

Oddly enough I don't even know the guys name. There are other phone numbers associated with that address, but no name so I can't even try the other numbers since I don't know who I am looking for.
I suggested we take a ride down there this weekend :)

I hope you get this resolved, I know how frustrating this can be especially when $$ is involded. Be careful with PayPal and don't assume you'll get anything back from them either. That only works if he has something in his account that they can withdraw, if he takes the money out guess what! I know because my wife went thru an episode with PayPal and that exact thing happened. They told her "sorry, no funds in the account".
If I were you I'd get your $$ back RIGHT NOW, if you're lucky enough to succede, buy it somewhere else from someone who has a reputation you can count on.

Best of luck

Edit: Ouch..............I just reread your post, this time with my good eye! Sorry about your misfortune. There are some good folks that will rebuild your rear end that are in CT, not far from you. If you want a contact let me know.

Bill
Is it near where you live? That just might be an option. Thank you!

Lori,

I sent you an email, could not pm you, your mailbox is full.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom