Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

blower

vette.vato

Corvette
2004 coup/commemorative edition
Help, does anyone know if they make small blowers for use when drying your baby. My wife was going to get me one for Christmas but all she could find was the big ones used for yard work. What are some of you using and what are the pros and cons.

vette.vato, I've heard of people using a leaf blower to dry their cars, tried it, did not think it worked that great. I use a California squeegee, a soft towel and follow that up with my favorite detail spray. I do have access to air in my shop and even tried it once and went back to the squeegee and towel. Hope this helps.

A leaf blower (electric) is a great option. If money isn't really a concern, there's the Metro Vacuum/Blower.

I bought an electric blower to try and i'm fairly happy with the results. Works great on tires and all the wonderful places that trap water that run down the sides afters you've washed and taken the car for a drive. I still follow up with either a damp chamois or cotton towel, then the Zaino Z6.

First i use the california blade, then leaf blower in all nooks and crannies and on tires and rims. With a blower the water "spiders" out a bit and i leave that cause it dampens the microfiber i use with the dpray detailer and leave a "spit" shine.

I USE (OPPS SORRY) a sears elec leaf blower with the long tube removed to dry or blow off the excess water from those places that use to drip after i had the car dry. i remove the long tube because it was to difficult for me to hold for some reason. i put the very end of the long tube thing on the blower to help direct the air flow, however. i follow up with a micro fiber towel and then on to the rest of my detailing. seems to work for me. my two cents worth.

I bought an electric blower to try and i'm fairly happy with the results. Works great on tires and all the wonderful places that trap water that run down the sides afters you've washed and taken the car for a drive. I still follow up with either a damp chamois or cotton towel, then the Zaino Z6.

Ditto ;)

I actually use my shop vac. Just take the top off and use that. Same as a leaf blower, I guess.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom