Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Braless?

Lets see some stunning pictures of what you thought it would be! :rotfl

Here's the best I can do without getting kicked off the CAC. I'm pretty sure neither one of these is wearing a bra.
Remo:cool

kelly_skyline.jpg

I put the 3m clear bra on my AE. I've had it for years on my other cars and like it a lot. Besides the nose and headlight covers, I also had him cover the chin spoiler, mirrors, under the door handles, behind the wheels and along the rockers. It can be expensive to have done by the right person but I think it's worth it in the long run even just to take the worry out of getting hit. I did get hit with something on the headlamp cover hard enough to damage the film but they replaced it for me for free and there was no damage to the paint.

I bought the GM bra for my 04. Great bra for a reasonable price. Installed the marine snaps and it is a easy on easy off install. I use it only for road trips. No problems with paint wear or scratches. Chuck

Hi everyone I'm new to your Forum, It great here!
I use the speedLingerie. It's soft in the inside, no harm to the paint, and it's color matched mine is Millinumu Yellow, I can go as fast as I like no trouble it's a littel expensive but it protects your front and it looks good. I also got the mirros covered, I'm happy

GM BRA

DOLLAR for DOLLAR you can't beat the GM Bra. It's a breeze to install and easy to live with (taking it on and off)

The only mark Ive ever experienced using the GM bra is located in such an out-of-the-way place you literally have to get on your hands and knees to see it.

On the outside corner edge of each fender, where the starp wraps around to snap on to the lowest connector, rubbing has occurred. It created a mark a little smaller than the size of a "bb" pellet. I have touched it up with touch up paint and you wouldn't know it's there unless I told you.

I have run the bra on my car for as long as 7 continuous weeks, through torrential down pours, snow, etc. and there's no scuffing on the nose paint.

JUST make sure you have LOTS of wax on the nose, wax it often and you'll be ok.

Don't use the second piece, the mini hood bra that comes with the nose bra....it's a waste and hard to take on and off..

One other suggestion, order some mirror covers (California Car Covers.com), the reason I say this is because my mirrors have taken more hits than the nose of my car... They're cheap ($30-40) and easy to live with...

BRAMIRROR1.jpg

Good Luck
:beer :beer

I tried the Speedlingerie last year and really like it. Costs more than most but I think it's offers good quality and value for the money. A nice feature is that you can order the front plate holder which is fully enclosed and can be zippeder on/off in 10 seconds if an ornery bear comes a calling :mad . Requires installing two plastic pieces forward of the front tires using existing plugs, and velcro along the front of the engine compartment. Covers all the lights and has a mesh grill which keeps bug guts out of the radiator.

http://www.speedlingerie.com/

SpeedLingerie-FrontView-Withplateho.jpg

well, I have had the clear coat protection on my last three cars. I do think it really protects, also have it on the inside of the fenders for rock chips. One thing though, my car is white and it shows alot more then I would like. On the other hand wifes car is spiral grey and you almost cant see it. for what its worth

well, I have had the clear coat protection on my last three cars. I do think it really protects, also have it on the inside of the fenders for rock chips. One thing though, my car is white and it shows alot more then I would like. On the other hand wifes car is spiral grey and you almost cant see it. for what its worth
First good guys drive white. :) Second you state you've used it on your last three cars but it doesn't protect. Can you give me a little more info ?

First good guys drive white. :) Second you state you've used it on your last three cars but it doesn't protect. Can you give me a little more info ?
I believe I said it does protect well just how much it shows on white I dont like

I just bought my first vette, and it already had the clear bra on it. I'm not very fond of it. I thought about buying a GM bra or mini bra and put over the clear bra. Should I have the clear taken off, or leave it on to help protect the paint? Also, if I decide to stay with just the clear bra, do you wax over it when I wax the car or what? Trying to learn the ropes rookie!!

I don't have one but from the research I have done I think it depends on which clear bra system you go with. From what I can tell some stay on with static cling and some actually have a light adhesive. Most of them say to wax over them though.

I hope this clear bra thing catches on ;LOL But I didn't understand the snaps and esspecially the 3 to 5 minutes to get them on and off ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom