Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chrome Platers in Ontario?

J60FI

Corvette
1960 Red on Red
Getting ready to rechrome all the chrome on the '60.. appreciate any recommended chrome platers, preferably in southern Ontario who does quality work are really reasonable cost.
Thanks in advance for your recommendations..:m

Joe

I can tell you one place NOT to go. The place in Cambridge, Ontario.

After $1,700.00, I was very dissatisfied. They wouldn't even talk about it. :mad

Well, i did get a quote, (from the place in Cambridge),, well after me calling many times.. it seemed too expensive, and they really seemed like they must have all the business they can handle, cause they sure were not very customer oriented.

Thanks, sorry for your experience.

Still looking for a plater.

Joe

quality work , reasonable cost.
Thanks in advance for your recommendations..:m

Joe

Joe, good luck in your quest for the above, however one thing I would like to draw your attention to.

Quality work, is not usually associated with reasonable cost. If you want excellent results, it's better to pay the piper up front, then trying to find the an inexpensive, reasonably priced shop.

More often then not the higher priced shops will ( I do specify " WILL " ) get you the highest, and longer lasting finish for your plated parts.

Stepinwolf

Stepinwolf did not say so but contact these people. It's Montreal, not far.

http://www.ncrsquebec.com/

I would forewarn you to expect a minimum 3-4 month turn-around this time of year. My seat belt guides shown in another thread took two months!

Stepinwolf did not say so but contact these people. It's Montreal, not far.

http://www.ncrsquebec.com/

I would forewarn you to expect a minimum 3-4 month turn-around this time of year. My seat belt guides shown in another thread took two months!

Paul,

The reason I didn't mention it is because I know most of the chrome shops in and around Montreal, and none of them would deserve my endorsement.

All of my work is now being farmed out to a firm in Thetford Mines called " Chrome Specialities ". They don't do the run of the mill, collision and bumper crap, they only do triple-show chrome, ( Corvettes, Harley's., etc. ) and have been very fast, and affordable in the past.

regards
Stepinwolf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom