Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

popups or not ???

Corvette
1969 stingray,black conv.
Morning all. Just need alittle advise
shrug01.gif
. Have a 69 stingray,and it has 350/350 with 11/1 pop ups pistons. I'm going threw the motor and have had some friends said i sould take out the popups
confused.gif
and put others in because of the gas problams I might have when its finished. I dont want to
nonod.gif
,but any ideas...have a great day all.....
thankyou2.gif
.....thanks Philip

I have the same motor in my 69 it seems to get by if you use the top shelf gas . you could also change the cam and it would lower the cylinder pressure with the right combo . would most likley have to runit by one of the cam mfg to get the right one just my 2 cents steve

Thanks Steve

I have the same motor in my 69 it seems to get by if you use the top shelf gas . you could also change the cam and it would lower the cylinder pressure with the right combo . would most likley have to runit by one of the cam mfg to get the right one just my 2 cents steve

Thanks for your 2 cents. I really dont want to do this. Its not like i'm going to drive it everyday anyways,but I'll be glad just to get back behind the wheel. Its been 21 years sence I've driven it,thanks again Steve....

one of the more popular options is to set the original motor in the corner of the garage and replace it with a crate engine like the ZZ4 that solves the gas issue; especially if you find that you want to drive it more then every now and again.

Morning all. Just need alittle advise
shrug01.gif
. Have a 69 stingray,and it has 350/350 with 11/1 pop ups pistons. I'm going threw the motor and have had some friends said i sould take out the popups
confused.gif
and put others in because of the gas problams I might have when its finished. I dont want to
nonod.gif
,but any ideas...have a great day all.....
thankyou2.gif
.....thanks Philip

I have the same engine... switched over to flat top pistons and replaced the irons heads with aluminum. I'm not hung up on the numbers-matching game, so I sold the heads on eBay. I'm not planning on ever selling my car - and want to enjoy it the way I want it.
:soapbox

Anyway... it runs great, and on regular pump gas! Lots of torque - much more responsive than it was before.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom