Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Leave 2 tone bronze? Or go red?

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
I have always wanted a red vette, but worry they might miss some spots on the car. I have purchased a rear hatch wing, that bolts to the rear hatch bolts. Would it look better red with a wing or bronze with a wing?

Remember, before you say something about wings, this one can be removed with no harm done to the car.

It is an ecklers rear hatch wing or spoiler. They are discontinued. I saw them on a few ZR-1's when they came out with the black widow engine package in the 90's, it looked pretty sharp.

I'm not necessarily a wing fan, but then I have orange wheels so I can't really talk:L If ya like the wing do it! It's your car and to heck w/everyone else! If ya decide to go red-which could be really awesome in the right shade , be prepared to fork over major bucks, it's a big change and you don't want a less than stellar attemt if you're gonna change the color. It involves stripping and prepping the door jams and neat stuff like that-a heck of a lot more wok. Best of luck and post pics!

corvette2.jpg

I would highly recommend you keep it the original color. I have a red '84, and while I think red is a great color for Corvettes, I think it would be a mistake to change your color.

I happen to like that two tone--it sets the car apart. Keep it!

They're both right !
1. Believe it or not, in 20 years your 84 will be a collectors item.
2. It is a much involved process to change color.
3. I know your color combination, and poliched up, it looks great, In fact I am considering purchasing a totally originonal perfect 19,000 mile 85, auto, in light bronze/dark bronze, to certify Benchmark.

If you are considering spending the amount of money required to have it professionally repainted chances are you're planning to keep it for a long time. If it were my car I would stick with the original colors. It will be worth more kept original and likely cheaper to paint it the original colors. Think of all the red 84s there are out there, the 2 tone is rarer and will be more desirable. You could buy a second red 84 C4 in nice condition for about as much or a little less than what it will cost to paint yours red and do it right.

If you are considering spending the amount of money required to have it professionally repainted chances are you're planning to keep it for a long time. If it were my car I would stick with the original colors. It will be worth more kept original and likely cheaper to paint it the original colors. Think of all the red 84s there are out there, the 2 tone is rarer and will be more desirable. You could buy a second red 84 C4 in nice condition for about as much or a little less than what it will cost to paint yours red and do it right.

I saw a red C4 convertible at the last Corvettes at Carlisle - and I couldn't keep my eyes off of it! Gorgeous!... but then again, I do like red musclecars/sportscars!!!

I saw a red C4 convertible at the last Corvettes at Carlisle - and I couldn't keep my eyes off of it! Gorgeous!... but then again, I do like red musclecars/sportscars!!!

Looking at your avitar you're certainly not biased. :L :rotfl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom