Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Water dripping from side mirrors

Bertus

Corvette
2006 Black Vert
If i wash my car and not drive it for a week, I'll still have water dripping down the sides after I've finnaly taken it for a drive. On a black Vette, ...you talk about annoying. I've even tried the 200mph leaf blower, but i still get the streaks. Not nearly as bad, but still it drives me crazy.:W Has anyone any ideas to stop this?

I read on another forum, to use a paper towel. After you dry the car completely, slide a paper towel in the area behind the mirror and move it around. I just finished washing mine a little while ago and I tried it. I did notice that paper towel did come out wet, although not that wet. I usually put the blower right up to the mirror and hold it there for about a minute.

Agree, leaf blower, and then if any streaks keep that microfiber handy dampened with some spray shine and you can hit it at the gas station...

Try folding in the mirrors. I know on my C5, the base of the mirrors tends to collect a lot of water even if I've gone over it with the leaf blower.

Warren.

The NCM store sells plastic mirror covers for C5 & 6. I carry a pair in the trunk to use at the u-washee when away from home. Slip 'em on over the glass...slip 'em off after washing. BINGO....no runs, drips, or errors. ;LOL

There is a risk in doing that. The mirrors often break internally, with replacement or repair necessary.

I wasn't aware of that, I guess I've been lucky. Maybe covers like Zippy mentioned or ziplock baggies.

Warren.

EVER HEAR OF ADAM'S CAR CARE PRODUCTS? GO TO HIS WEB PAGE = HE HAS VIDEOS AT THAT SITE THAT SHOW YOU HOW. SINCE I FOLLOW HIS SUGGESTIONS I'VE HAD NO PROBLEMS. I SUGGEST YOU GOOGLE ADAM'S

Thanks DRTH VTR! You may have saved me a costly repair.

As for Adam's Products, I've used them and they work great. Love the detail spray and the butter wax. I've also used Zaino and Meguiar's and they all give a great shine, but now they just sit on my shelf. I just think there's just too many steps to deal with Zaino and I'll end up taking half the day shining my car instead of driving. I'd rather give a quick shine and go for a nice cruise and that's good enough for me. Klasse gloss sealant gives great durability from it's arcrylic formula, but is very hard to wipe off, plus I don't think it's as deep of shine as carnuba formulas. Enough wax talk, here's the link for Adam's...

http://www.adamspolishes.com

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom