Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adding headrests to a 68 vert. can it be done?

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
I've seen many headrest kits for C2s, but nothing for a 68. Has anyone come across anything in thier catalogs?
I've allready welded the frames on the 67 and really like the ride much better w/ the added support on the head.

I haven't seen anything personally except new foam and covers.....
Wonder if anyone has the guide assembly for them....

...Wonder if anyone has the guide assembly for them....

That's the problem; finding a pair of guides or a pair of seat backs with the guides installed. '69 seatbacks with the guides would be the same. AIM shows the installation of the guides in the stock seat backs.

After you locate the guides/seat backs, you'd have to find a pair of headrests.

Tall order, but do-able.

:)

Headrests are not being remanufactured by anyone that I was able to find. My 68 seats had the slots for them, but were not with the car when I bought it. I was fortunate to find a guy out in New York that had an old pair.... paid dearly for them though. They are quite a rare find. They are not really functional for most people given height, but they do add to the look of the car when the top is down.

Good luck finding a set.

Headrest seat parts

I have a pair of '68 headrest seats. Need covers (maybe foam?), good frames, one headrest needs foam on one corner, both need recovering. Interested?

Go for it... you can get any good upholstery shop to shape new foam and cover it. The same material is still available too.

Hi

I also converted to early 68 seat with headrests. Got a couple of eraly 68 seat backs that had the receptacles , bought a set of old headrests, refoamed and recoverd all with 68 style real leather and it makes the car look very different.

And regardless what is sayed, this headrests do their job because they can be extended a bit to match your height.

Rare find, specially for early 68 seats. all 69 backs are late style.

Günther

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom