Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are these bolts used for

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
In a recent large, inventory, purchase, I found what I first believed to be two NOS front spare tire carrier bolts. They appear, and are new, look as though they were never installed, and have the correct head-mark identification " A R M O R ".

While I was getting ready to offer them for sale, I measured them to see exactly what year, and tire configuration they were used on. Imagine my surprise when I realized that these bolts were only 6.5" long, when all the originals are referenced as being 9.1/4", 9.7/8", and 10.1/4" respectively.

Does anybody have a clue as to where these bolts could have been used. ? Except for their length, they are identical to the original carrier bolts with the correct head shape and shoulder.

Stepinwolf

The ones on my '68 are only 4 1/4" plus the threaded portion...could be close to 6.5"

The ones on my '68 are only 4 1/4" plus the threaded portion...could be close to 6.5"

Bingo , you are right on. The lot of parts that I purchased were ALL for the 63 to 67 model years, so I did not think of looking into any other model years.

Mine are exactly 6.5" total length .

Thank you for enlightening me. :beer

Stepinwolf

In a recent large, inventory, purchase, I found what I first believed to be two NOS front spare tire carrier bolts. They appear, and are new, look as though they were never installed, and have the correct head-mark identification " A R M O R ".

While I was getting ready to offer them for sale, I measured them to see exactly what year, and tire configuration they were used on. Imagine my surprise when I realized that these bolts were only 6.5" long, when all the originals are referenced as being 9.1/4", 9.7/8", and 10.1/4" respectively.

Does anybody have a clue as to where these bolts could have been used. ? Except for their length, they are identical to the original carrier bolts with the correct head shape and shoulder.

Stepinwolf
The ones on my 78 are 5.5 plus the threaded part!!! I was going to take one out and measure from end to end,but that Copperhead that came out of the carrier Changed my mind for me!!!:W :W I hope you don't mind!! I guess it's time for more Mouth Balls in the Barn!;shrug;shrug :upthumbs

The ones on my 78 are 5.5 plus the threaded part!!! I was going to take one out and measure from end to end,but that Copperhead that came out of the carrier Changed my mind for me!!!:W :W I hope you don't mind!! I guess it's time for more Mouth Balls in the Barn!;shrug;shrug :upthumbs

These are exactly 4.5" plus 1.5" for the threads.

Sorry to hear about your close encounter, shÎt we cross the street when we see a garter snake around here. ugh. :ugh

Stepinwolf

These are exactly 4.5" plus 1.5" for the threads.

Sorry to hear about your close encounter, shÎt we cross the street when we see a garter snake around here. ugh. :ugh

Stepinwolf
Those are probly for 70 series tires!! Mine came with 60's from the factory!!;shrug :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom