Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Underdrive Pulley sets...

vetteboy86

Corvette
1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"
I did a quick search but didn't find any good answers. I am looking at getting a pulley set, and mostly all I find info on is the crank pulley. Do they make a set that includes crank, alternator, and powersteering?

How effective is using a 2 or 3 piece pulley set over just the crank pulley?

I have the ASP underdrive crank pulley. Works good. I believe TPIS and some other company outta summit or jegs makes a 3 piece pulley.

I have the 2 piece March system sold by TPIS. They do not include a belt, but tell you what to get with options of manufacturers. I also have the TPIS catback vetteboy (not trying to hijack), and my stock 85 (EM longtubes, magnaflow cat., stock head/cam) sounds a little too boaty for my liking. Resonance is not bad at cruising rpms. Get the Y pipe with crossover tube and muffler elims!

Thanks guys, I ordered the TPIS set of pulleys. It said on their page that use of the stock belt is retained with these pulleys?? Is this not correct?

I am excited to get the exhaust system, I hope the sound is good. I like some growl, but dont want it to sound like a beater truck.

Thanks guys, I ordered the TPIS set of pulleys. It said on their page that use of the stock belt is retained with these pulleys?? Is this not correct?

I am excited to get the exhaust system, I hope the sound is good. I like some growl, but dont want it to sound like a beater truck.

I dont see how the stock belt is used with smaller pullys. Maybe im wrong!

Good luck with the pulley set.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom