Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Siamized Plenum?

Has anyone [besides me] ever thought of getting a fake Siamized Plenum for there ZR1. A plenum that looks siamized from the outside, but has the standard stock runners just covered up. A plenum for someone who is never going to sell the car and really likes the look but does'nt have the engine internals to support a real siamized plenum. I dont think it would be that hard to do. I wonder if it were done if you would be a ZR1 social outcast, [sometimes I like to be the outcast]. Jim

That is a horrible idea.

i've thought of it briefly then decided against it. There is nothing sexier than a PCed huge runner LT5, however if you look at the financial aspect to this you realize it's just not a good idea.

you have to send the car off (ok maybe just the plenum), get the plenum welded up, clean the welds, smooth everything out, PC it, sent back, reinstall it ect. Your money is better off spent doing a top end/heads porting with a good degree on the stock cams, and a PC job.

But a dropped/big runner plenum is just pure unadulterated sex

Hey man, if you like it, go for it. It wouldn't be my choice, but that's why we have different cars. I kinda think the dual-runner look looks better, though you know something big is going on in the cars that are siamesed.

I wouldn't consider you a social outcast. If its done well with a quality powder coat or paint job it would look nice. If you like the big runner plenums and can ensure it has quality look, do it.

the more I think about it, the harder this may be without cutting the runners open. Well I'm sure it's easy to "do" but making it look good maybe a bit difficult.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom