Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

tire svc message after predator tune

edram454

Hello guys. Just loaded the predator preformance tune into my y2k a/4 and I am now receiving the tires need service message in my display. Do I have to drive the car now at least 20 miles an hour for it to register information like the owners manuel says or is there something else I have to do? It comes back with a message: Lxxxx Rxxxx and before it would say how many pounds of air in each tire. the manuel says for it to register the car must be going at least 15 miles an hour for it to register the information. Any info about this problem let me know. Before the tune I never received any tire service messages. everything was perfect with the tires. thanks, ed ramos.

Strange, don't know what to tell you but I don't know what the performance tune amounts to either, how do you load this anyway?

Bill

performance tune

Strange, don't know what to tell you but I don't know what the performance tune amounts to either, how do you load this anyway?

Bill
Well, the predator flash tuner plugs into the obd computer connection just under the steering wheel on the c5 corvette. its very self explanatory. You go through a series of screens and just click on load performance tune and away it goes. Some of the gauges go crazy for a while but it tells you when its done and thats it. It reprograms your computer for firmer shirts, adjust electric fans so car runs cooler, adjust timing and fuel curves. its a great tool and a must have for c5 owners. you can also turn off error codes and real time performance tunes also. the error codes for the tire sensors cleared up once i drove the car. the sensors reset themselves also.

Well, the predator flash tuner plugs into the obd computer connection just under the steering wheel on the c5 corvette. its very self explanatory. You go through a series of screens and just click on load performance tune and away it goes. Some of the gauges go crazy for a while but it tells you when its done and thats it. It reprograms your computer for firmer shirts, adjust electric fans so car runs cooler, adjust timing and fuel curves. its a great tool and a must have for c5 owners. you can also turn off error codes and real time performance tunes also. the error codes for the tire sensors cleared up once i drove the car. the sensors reset themselves also.

;help What does this amount too, what does it cost and what are the risk if any? Or yes how expensive is it as well? Is there a way to look at it in advance of purchasing? Not sure how interested I am but would like to look at it anyway. Does it actual increase HP to wheels and etc?

Thanks,
Bill :w

predator

;help What does this amount too, what does it cost and what are the risk if any? Or yes how expensive is it as well? Is there a way to look at it in advance of purchasing? Not sure how interested I am but would like to look at it anyway. Does it actual increase HP to wheels and etc?

Thanks,
Very little risk involved. The predator flash tuner is a tool that gives the c5 owner the ability to make adjustments to the computer that was not possible before without going to the dealer or a dyno tuner. It does make the car quicker and efficient. There are several c5 owners who have seen lower quarter mile times because of it. the cost depends where you buy it. I bought mine new on ebay for $275.00. Mid America has it for 400.00. Look around for a good deal. Good Luck. You can restore the factory tune any time so dont be worried about that.
Regards, edram454.

Very little risk involved. The predator flash tuner is a tool that gives the c5 owner the ability to make adjustments to the computer that was not possible before without going to the dealer or a dyno tuner. It does make the car quicker and efficient. There are several c5 owners who have seen lower quarter mile times because of it. the cost depends where you buy it. I bought mine new on ebay for $275.00. Mid America has it for 400.00. Look around for a good deal. Good Luck. You can restore the factory tune any time so dont be worried about that.
Regards, edram454.

Thanks for the info, just now trying to catch up I've been out of town and haven't been on the computer for a while.

Thanks again,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom