Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My aftermarket seats came in!

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
My aftermarket seats came in. Hopefully, I'll have them mounted this weekend and then I can register the car. Go figure- the law requires seat belts but no one mentions seats!
:L

They are a very tight fit between the shoulder bolsters and the doors. However, they do fit well between the tranny tunnel and the door sills.

I did not go with expensive seats as I'm not sure what direction I want to go with in the long run (stock C3/C4/C5 vs aftermarket). The OEM seat cushions were completely shot, and I'd want to replace the seat bottom on the pasenger side (hiden stress cracks) if I go with OEM seats at a later date. I wouldn't get out for less than $500 for the most inexpensive OEM replacement mounted seats.

However, I do want to drive the car and the price for these seats was just too good to pass up. They are similar to Sparco Torino seats. They are black and they will do for now. I purchased them new for significantly less than half the cost of mounted leather-like seat covers. I'd rather have something for now and be able to drive the Vette than have nothing and her sit in the garage.
http://www.dynamicautodesign.com/images/touringblack.jpg

Depending on how these work out, I may just get them professionally recovered in the future to match the interior. They are reallllllly comfortable even though they look a bit over-the-top.

Who knows- with my polished TPI and a set of 17' wheels on the horizon... they may fit well with the blending of old and new.

As soon as they are mounted, I'll post pictures.

And you might need the holes for the 5-point, depending how much more powa you'll throw at it.. :D

And you might need the holes for the 5-point, depending how much more powa you'll throw at it.. :D

:boogie

I doubt that I'll do anything requiring that much.... restraint!

Today, I'm making my adapter brackets from 3" wide flat steel. Essentially, the brackets will use the factory floorboard mounting locations and then move inward for the 1" narrower sliders. This way, the seat height will be the same as the factory seats.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom