Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Curses !!! the hood is stuck !

T

Ted Krempa

well, I got the curse and the left side of the hood is stuck. I have added a spacer to the cable release, so the release is pulling all the way open to the stop. So, it must be the hood pin out of whack. Is it too short or too long ? If I start messing with the depth should I start out by shortening or lengthening. It must be close as using the 'tool' and wiggling it around will pop it.

what a pain !!!:bash ;help any help appreciated

well, I got the curse and the left side of the hood is stuck. I have added a spacer to the cable release, so the release is pulling all the way open to the stop. So, it must be the hood pin out of whack. Is it too short or too long ? If I start messing with the depth should I start out by shortening or lengthening. It must be close as using the 'tool' and wiggling it around will pop it.

what a pain !!!:bash ;help any help appreciated
Just a Hair Longer!!! But check to see if it is off to the side just a shade too,that will cause the same problem!!!!:upthumbs

thanks, Junk. do you adjust the large nut at the base of the pin (counterclockwise?) or unscrew the pin itself ?? (where is the bird ?)

thanks, Junk. do you adjust the large nut at the base of the pin (counterclockwise?) or unscrew the pin itself ?? (where is the bird ?)
The large Nut is a Jam nut!!!Loosen it counter clockwise and adjust the center pin ( in Clockwise,out counter Clockwise)Tighten the jam nut!!:upthumbs

The 3 smaller bolts at hood,will adjust the centering of the Pin!!:upthumbs

PS make sure your car is the level,that can make a Big Difference!!

Thanks. Here is what I think I will do. Loosen the 3 base bolts so the base can barely move around. Lower the hood onto the hole and close it. This should allow the pin to self center. If that does not cure it, I can work on the depth of the pin. Wadda ya think ?

Thanks. Here is what I think I will do. Loosen the 3 base bolts so the base can barely move around. Lower the hood onto the hole and close it. This should allow the pin to self center. If that does not cure it, I can work on the depth of the pin. Wadda ya think ?
No.Don't do that!!! If it happens to go to far it can be a Real B*tch to get open!!!!!:ugh If you set the hood down (Not Latched) and take a Flashlight and look between the hood and windshield,and you should be able to see how far it's off and move it just a little at a time that direction till you get it!!It can't be very far!!:upthumbs

whoops !!! ok, I'll give it a shot, thanks, Ted

You might get away with it,Ted!!!But my Luck isn't that good!!!:boogie :upthumbs

me neither. Looked like the pin was well centered in hole. Put about 1/4 length on the pin and stuck again !! I guess I'll have to take it to my dealer. It is just not a good sales feature (I have the car for sale !):bash :mad

me neither. Looked like the pin was well centered in hole. Put about 1/4 length on the pin and stuck again !! I guess I'll have to take it to my dealer. It is just not a good sales feature (I have the car for sale !):bash :mad
Shouldn't have to go more than 1/2-3/4 turn!! Maybe the cable is stretched to the left latch and it's not releasing all the way!:confused If the pin is dragging on the outside it can catch,Just a little bit makes a big difference!;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom