Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Speedster on QVC...

racelance

Corvette
95 ZR1, '05 Callaway, 2 R9G's & 2 '89 Challenge
Hey all,

Just a heads up that a Callaway Speedster will be on QVC Friday evening. Don't miss the Speedster on QVC Friday evening (6.29.07) from 5-6pm. The things I get myself into...:D

Enjoy,

Lance

Lance,

Carefull, people will get the impression that they are selling it?? :eek:hnoes

I heard there was a similar mixup at Bloomington :L

Thanks for the heads up!... will try to catch it.

-Luigi
:cool

Nope... it's not for sale!

Heck... I have to have the car for the Corvettes at Carlisle Callaway Reunion... :)

Lance

Luigi, were you able to Tivo it?? :W

I wonder if someone could TIVO it & throw it on YouTube - not sure if QVC would allow it. However it would be cool...

Lance

Hey all,

Just a heads up that a Callaway Speedster will be on QVC Friday evening. Don't miss the Speedster on QVC Friday evening (6.29.07) from 5-6pm. The things I get myself into...:D

Enjoy,

Lance

That's 5-6 Eastern time, right? Any idea what the name of the segment is so I can figure out when it is on here? I hate to think of watching QVC all afternoon...

The guide shows a segment called 'TGIF' starting at 2:00 MST, which would be a straight timezone translation, but I don't know if they adjust their programming at all for the western states like the networks do.

I should ask my mother in law too. She lives in front of QVC.

That's 5-6 Eastern time, right? Any idea what the name of the segment is so I can figure out when it is on here? I hate to think of watching QVC all afternoon...

The guide shows a segment called 'TGIF' starting at 2:00 MST, which would be a straight timezone translation, but I don't know if they adjust their programming at all for the western states like the networks do.

I should ask my mother in law too. She lives in front of QVC.

5-6pm Eastern Time - that's correct. If anything changes I'll let you know. Robert from IBIZ asked us if he could use our car - so it'll be IBIZ cleaning car care products aired today.

Lance

ahhhh, QVC. The studio is about 30 minutes from me and I use to do a lot of on-air appearances on QVC as a product guest selling various electronics like digital cameras, video cameras, cordless phones, etc.

I used to run into another guy there all te time selling his brand of quick detailing spray and he always had Posche's or Ferrai's, or other nice cars to do his demo's on and when he heard about my '65 he wanted to use my car on air. we just never got around to arranging it. Having worked there enough I knew my car would be a problem though as the car would need to be driven thru the studios to get it on the soundstage set and usually other segments are being aired as props, etc are being moved and placed on other sets for upcoming segments and with my sidepipes moving the car thru the studio into place would be WAY loud and most likely interrupt what is being aired at that time.
Oh well.

wish I could see your car on air Lance but i'll be at work during your time spot so i'll miss it.
good luck though!

HOLY CH!T - did they just say they were going to spray paint a 1/2 mil. dollar Corvette!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:hnoes

It is coming on in a few minutes :upthumbs

What do you guys think?!?!?! Looks good on TV doesn't it... :upthumbs

Lance

Lance, I hope you are there to supervise this. It isn't too late to tell them "no," on spray painting the car to prove the wax/polish :eek:hnoes

You only live once... :)

Lance

Wow - sorry I missed it :mad

I had so many things to do today - been in/out all day. Oh well. Thanks for the pics.

-Luigi
:cool

Yes... that was a long wait!!! Fortunately I had some crab & shrimp that kept me occupied :)

Lance

The car looked GREAT Lance! I loved the way they kept referring to it as a half million dollar car. Unfortunately my mother-in-law saw it also, so by now I'm sure the phone lines between my wife's family members are glowing red hot with rumors. I generally keep my car hobby pretty quiet, so by the time one of them actually asks me about it, I'm sure it will be up to $2M. ;LOL

I commend you. I don't think I could let them spray enamel paint on mine. :eek:hnoes

The car looked GREAT Lance! I loved the way they kept referring to it as a half million dollar car. Unfortunately my mother-in-law saw it also, so by now I'm sure the phone lines between my wife's family members are glowing red hot with rumors. I generally keep my car hobby pretty quiet, so by the time one of them actually asks me about it, I'm sure it will be up to $2M. ;LOL

I commend you. I don't think I could let them spray enamel paint on mine. :eek:hnoes

Life is short... I've watched him do it plenty of times... as long as the clear coat is solid, you're all set... :upthumbs

Have a good evening,

Lance

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom