Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newby from Ontario

Z

Zozzle

Hi Vettsters

I'm new here and have had my 2004 C5 auto torch red coupe for just over a week. I was a GM mechanic and worked on many Vettes until '74 when I switched jobs to firefighting where I rode around in big red machines that got way more attention than a Vette. Heck all kids and most adults waved at us.

I retired (early) one year ago and I guess the Vette signifies our next stage of life. We like cruising in summer so this will be our fun car.

I've got lots to learn from this site as cars have gotten way more complicated than when I used to fix them. Now they scare me.

I'm in Woodstock Ont. Anyone else from around here?

Save the Wave - :w

Mike T.

40vette028.jpg

welcome to CAC!!!!:CAC
hope you enjoy the vette as well as the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to :CAC Mike T., glad you could join us I know you will like it here. From working on Vettes to fire fighter now to owning and driving one, sounds like a complete circle to me. The back ground in the picture of your red Vette looks awesome too.

Don't be a stranger, stay in touch and don't forget to wave. . . . . . .

Bill :w

Welcome to :CAC Mike T., glad you could join us I know you will like it here. From working on Vettes to fire fighter now to owning and driving one, sounds like a complete circle to me. The back ground in the picture of your red Vette looks awesome too.
Don't be a stranger, stay in touch and don't forget to wave. . . . . . .
Thanks Bill - and the other Bill too - that pic is taken in Woodstock Ont's Southside park where I waxed the car yesterday. I Paintshopped a house out of the background ;)

Thanks Bill - and the other Bill too - that pic is taken in Woodstock Ont's Southside park where I waxed the car yesterday. I Paintshopped a house out of the background ;)

Awesome back ground, wouldn't mind having a house in that area. What does a few acres go for in the area anyway? Been searching for land for a couple of years to build but it is probably too expensive there. Just not sure I want to retire here in the mid-west for sure.

Awesome back ground, wouldn't mind having a house in that area. What does a few acres go for in the area anyway?
Any land remotely close (read: inside the city) to that park is already built on and is in residential lots (like 60' x 120' or so). New lots (not in that area) go for maybe $100k canadian. "A few acres" would mean buying a farm or a subdivided piece outside the city and I dunno what that would be worth at all.;shrug

Woodstock is a nice town. I used to be in K-W years ago... Hamilton before that and TO before that! Now I'm on the wet west coast.

Welcome to the CAC and I'm sure we'll have a few folks picking your brains about technical matters...

-Mac

Sounds like that dirt is too rich for my blood. . . . . Sure is pretty though. My boss's Mother & sister live in Canada in the summer and Florida in the winter time.

Take care,
Bill

Hey Mike

I too am new to the CAC and I guess you could say we are sort of neighbors. We live in the same province anyway - I am up in Ottawa. I retired early as well and satisfied the urge to buy the car I had always wanted to. I didn't ride around in big red trucks though, I drove around in white cars with roof lights and cages in the back. So we were both "serving" the puiblic. I worked in Mississauga and Brampton and then upon taking the early retirement moved to Ottawa. So... if you ever do a road trip to the nation's capital - look me up !!

From one newbie to another - welcome!

Neal

Two new Canadians in one thread! You gotta like that!!

Welcome aboard, NW407! How are things in the Nation's Capital? My wife is from Ottawa and her family still live there so we visit occasionally. I believe we have a couple of CAC members in Ottawa or at least within the NCR.

-Mac

Hey Mike

I too am new to the CAC......

Neal

Neal - welcome to you too!

Enjoy!
:wJane Ann

Mac said:
Two new Canadians in one thread! You gotta like that
!!

Two new RED Corvette owners in one thread. You gotta LOVE that! :)

Hey Mike
I too am new to the CAC and I guess you could say we are sort of neighbors. We live in the same province anyway - I am up in Ottawa. I retired early as well and satisfied the urge to buy the car I had always wanted to. I didn't ride around in big red trucks though, I drove around in white cars with roof lights and cages in the back. So we were both "serving" the puiblic. I worked in Mississauga and Brampton and then upon taking the early retirement moved to Ottawa. So... if you ever do a road trip to the nation's capital - look me up !!
Neal
Neal! Sorry I missed your reply last week. I've had a very busy and frustrating week - mostly due to the fact that a certain Chev dealership RUINED one of my magnesium wheels while fitting a tire pressure sensor. Unbeliveable. It didn't do any harm that two minutes before I dropped my car off, I took digi-photos of all 4 of my wheels. I had a premonition that something would go wrong and it did. How can someone take a chunk out of a wheel and worse still, how can they not tell the service manager that they did a boo-boo? Even MORE worse that I had to be the one to find it. I was livid.

I didn't get a hassle though and they're buying me a new wheel. And all this was AFTER I asked the service manager if they had the equipment and the training to work on runflats and magnesium wheels. He assured me that they did but proved that they didn't. Be wary!

I've since found a new local tire franchise with a really fancy $10,000 tire machine that simply can't ruin a wheel. I got a demo of it yesterday. They will now be my tire service place.

Ottawa eh? My wife's brother lives in Arnprior. What a great town. We visited him last April when I took my wife and (grown) kids to Ottawa for four days as my retirement gift to us. I wanted to see an art show at the National Art Gallery.

Oh how I'd now like to do a backroads cruise (maybe through Algonquin) to Arnprior. For sure if we ever do, I'll look you up.

You were a cop eh? I went for a ride-along with an OPP buddy of mine recently and I spent 11 hours of his shift seeing emergency services from a different perspective. I didn't know you guys let so many people off if they were nice and courteous to you! :)
Thanks for the welcome Neal and welcome yerself mate! :w

Save the Wave! :w:w:w

You were a cop eh?
Neal isn't the only cop around here. Why, I've heard a rumour one of the Administrators is a Mountie... :)

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom