Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Datamaster scan - Help Please!

jimmers

Corvette
1990 Red Coupe 6 speed
I went for a drive tonight and got my first Datamaster readings. I'm slowly learning about all this and have been looking through the readings. I'm wondering if anyone can take a look at it and tell me if there is anything to change because my car is running very rich. My BLM's seem to be 108 alot which I know isn't good, but I dont know what to change to improve them. Thanks!
cheers2.gif

http://www.mts.net/~jimmers/Test.uni

What modifications have been done?

Bill

The engine has been rebuilt. New cam, ported heads and plenum, Edelbrock Intake, Edelbrok Runners, 24lb injectors, Hooker Headers. These are the specs for the cam.
Duration @ .050"
212* Intake/218* Exhaust
Gross Valve Lift
.488" Intake/.495" Exhaust (with 1.5 ratio rocker arms)

Well, I don't know if your '90 uses MAP or MAF...if it uses MAP then what's happening is you're running way rich because that cam is going to make a lot less vacuum than a stock cam...and the ECM thinks the engine is under heavy load. (I don't have much experience with TPI tuning).

Either way...where you need to start is with the VE tables.

Bill

Well, I don't know if your '90 uses MAP or MAF...if it uses MAP then what's happening is you're running way rich because that cam is going to make a lot less vacuum than a stock cam...and the ECM thinks the engine is under heavy load. (I don't have much experience with TPI tuning).

Either way...where you need to start is with the VE tables.

Bill

My 90 uses MAP. I've been reading up on the VE tables and have edited some of them. I guess I'm just looking for someone elses opinion to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I've never done anything like this before so I'm pretty nervous. Thanks for your help!

My 90 uses MAP. I've been reading up on the VE tables and have edited some of them. I guess I'm just looking for someone elses opinion to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I've never done anything like this before so I'm pretty nervous. Thanks for your help!

Have you been to thirdgen.org? There's more EFI tuning info there than you could soak up in a lifetime! Search around on that site...it's a gold mine of tuning info.

Bill

Have you been to thirdgen.org? There's more EFI tuning info there than you could soak up in a lifetime! Search around on that site...it's a gold mine of tuning info.

Bill

I signed up there twice using 2 different e-mails and havent got a confirmation e-mail back to validate my account. I contacted the webmaster but have yet to get a reply. I've searched around and read alot of info there but I would like to ask questions aswell.

I logged another drive tonight with Datamaster and it seems my BLM's are getting better. It still runs very rich at idle though. Also it threw an EGR code for some reason. If anyone has time and would like to compate both of my runs I will post the new one. Thanks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom