Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

chrome clone?

kridgley

Corvette
1975 Corvette, White T-Top
hello all,

quick question ... has anyone every made a 68-72 stingray clone out of a newer style 73-77? I know that the 'soft bumpers' are not teh most desireable out there so i was thinking and though someone somewhere had to have made a chrome bumper clone ... thoughts?

Kev

Not been done to my knowledge. Much more work changing rubber to chrome than it might appear. All the fiberglass is different; frames changed; bumper mounting brackety is all different.

In my opinion it's not worth the expense.

As the saying goes, if you want chrome, buy chrome.

:)

I saw one a few weeks ago at a cruise. I think it started out as a '79(?) The owner told me he put a '68 rear end on it, I honestly can't remember the front because I was so taken with the back. He painted the rear bumperettes body colour (red) which seems like an odd thing to do after going to so much effort to 'go chrome' but it looked awesome. Wish I'd had my camera.

My '73 has a rear chrome bumper...matter of fact all of them did;)

Personally it would seem easier and look much better to just buy the one you want.
But its just my opinion....

~Chas:cool

There's too much time and money invested in my 81 to just dump it and go buy a 78/79 , which I feel are the most well balanced overall from rubber to rubber.

When I change the rippley rear bumper on my 81, I'll probably get a 78/79 as I really don't like that ducks ass look the 80-82's have. Short of hacking off the nose, and gluing on a 78/79 , I'm stuck though with the 80-82 nose. (which is the ugly duckling of all the C3's in my opinion)

Luckily, from where I'll be sitting though, I won't have to see it.

My '73 has a rear chrome bumper...matter of fact all of them did;)

Personally it would seem easier and look much better to just buy the one you want.
But its just my opinion....

There's too much time and money invested in my 81 to just dump it and go buy a 78/79 , which I feel are the most well balanced overall from rubber to rubber.

When I change the rippley rear bumper on my 81, I'll probably get a 78/79 as I really don't like that ducks ass look the 80-82's have. Short of hacking off the nose, and gluing on a 78/79 , I'm stuck though with the 80-82 nose. (which is the ugly duckling of all the C3's in my opinion)

Luckily, from where I'll be sitting though, I won't have to see it.

Dude, I didnt say anything about dumping anything.....its yours, do as you please.:w

Thoughts were being requested and i tossed mine in.
Have a great ride:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom