Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Slammed C5's

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Is your C5 lowered? If yes - let' see some pics and tell us how you did it. Here's
an example from our old friend in Toronto. JETZ lowered his Z16 using PFADT
coilovers.
Remo:cool

I would never be able to drive mine on any roads where I live if I were to do anything like that! :eek:hnoes

My 98 was lowered with cut bushings and all! While it looked really good it was hard to drive it. I lowered the 04 on stock bolts and it's much easier to drive.

Laurel, Maryland

Andy Wheeler's 2001 Tourch Red Z06. Lowered on stock bolts and sporting CCW polished Classic "Big Street" wheels.

Goodsidelowered.jpg

Butler, PA

Steve M's very nice 2000 Torch Red Convertible. 19" CCW T10 rims wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza's. Car is lowered on coilovers.

051.jpg

Tampa Bay

2003 Z06 Electron Blue dropped to the max on stock bolts. In fact
the front bolts have been conpletely removed. Not the best solution
but will work until he gets the coilovers installed.

32537.jpg

hey remo where were you sunday..you never made it to the show at Heberts...... im old fashioned...gimme that big old sidewall on my tires...hahahaha:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

Of Course I Wear The Pants

hey remo where were you sunday..you never made it to the show at Heberts...... im old fashioned...gimme that big old sidewall on my tires...hahahaha:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

Peter - my wife decided that we would attend the 275th Town of Townsend Anniversary celebration. Enough said.

Northern, Illinois

2002 Electron Blue Z06 looking very nice on PFADT coilovers and sways.

2002-electron-blue-corvette-2.jpg

Converse, Texas

Steven Strawn's 1999 Artic White Coupe. Now this one is seriously "slammed".

sp500.jpg

My 2004 was lowered all the way on the stock bolts and 2/3 of the bushings were cut.

C:wRVETTE

2203766_479_full.jpg

I'll be the first to admit that Corvettes look much better lowered. But I remember this guy in Ocean City Md that was there for the Corvette show a couple years ago. He tried to turn into the parking lot at the hotel check in and he couldn't get up the VERY slight incline cause his car was so low. Took him about 10 tries at all angles, and he finally just gave up. At what point does lowering become more of a pain in the ass than a good look?

That's gotta be either a photochop or airbag suspension, because the car is not driveable (rockers are on the ground). :W

Bob - the car is set up on a air/servo ajustable suspension. It's normally seen cruising the streets of San Jose, California. Definitely tricked out.
KS89985.jpg

Low rider phenomenon;shrug.
I would think that kind of modification would kill all the handling on the car. I've seen many low riders and they have one thing in common when riding, they bounce! It's a shame to kill the superior handling of a Corvette for ???. Maybe he gets a great insurance discount since now the car can be out handled by a YUGO:boogie.
This is just mine opinion. I'm not dissing low riders. Local clubs have many beautiful cars, I's just a shame to do this to a corvette.

Cambridge, Ontario

1998 Sebring Silver vert with C6 Z06 wheels.
Lowered on stock bolts.

002_2-1.jpg

Low rider phenomenon;shrug.
I would think that kind of modification would kill all the handling on the car.

zagger,

Lowering a C5 will actually improve the handling as it lowers the center of gravity, which is what's done to most road racing cars. The ideal way to lower it is to install coilovers as seen below. With coilovers you can adjust the ride hieght to whatever you like.

img_thumb.asp

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom