Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Slammed C5's

Remo I was referring to the white Corvette with it's belly sitting on the ground. That kind of setup goes beyond coil overs and requires air suspension. The coils on a coil over shock only provide additional resistance making the dampening stiffer. That is a good thing when making high speed maneuvers since at higher speeds there is more lateral load generated and stock suspension becomes more inadequate. A stock suspension tries to satisfy comfort and performance, both require opposite settings to be 100% effective. As to the white car, the coil over shocks would not work unless they would have additional on the fly coil adjustment, beside dampening adjustment. Lowered C5's look great but there is a point when it it becomes to taxing on performance. I personally had mine lowered for over a year and I'm still running coil over shocks.. It is back to 1/4" bellow stock now. I discovered that the trade off was to great for me. Constantly bottoming out was not fun and when other cars would pass me just because I had to slow down on a dip in a road in order not to rip out the bottom off my car was stupid and embarrassing.

Remo I was referring to the white Corvette with it's belly sitting on the ground. That kind of setup goes beyond coil overs and requires air suspension.

zagger - I have to agree with you, the white vette is pretty much over the top. And as I mentioned in an earlier response to Bob - that one does have an air shock/servo set up. Pretty nuts - but each to his own.
Remo:cool

The guy in the white Vette is just "layin' frame" for the sake of the picture. He does not, and could not drive it that low. The driver returns the car to ride height with the push of a button.

The guy in the white Vette is just "layin' frame" for the sake of the picture. He does not, and could not drive it that low. The driver returns the car to ride height with the push of a button.

Diesel - nice to hear from you. Mine is currently lowered on the stock bolts. But this spring I'm having DWW Motorsports (up here in Ayer,MA) install a PFADT coilover set up.

Took him about 10 tries at all angles, and he finally just gave up. At what point does lowering become more of a pain in the ass than a good look?

I am not a fan of falsies on women or radicaly lowered Vettes. Both have to be a PIA to ride and they look out of place but to each their own. :upthumbs

A Very Bad A** Stance

Here's another example of lowering on coilovers.

z06silver.jpg

Here's another example of lowering on coilovers.

z06silver.jpg

Remo,
I'm getting a Red "X" where the picture should be. When I try pulling "properties," it gives me a website of "texasamp.com" That site may have their images restricted.

-Patrick

Interesting

Remo,
I'm getting a Red "X" where the picture should be. When I try pulling "properties," it gives me a website of "texasamp.com" That site may have their images restricted.

-Patrick

Patrick - the photo shows up on my screen - in fact it's showing up in your reply? It's from one of the CF members and he does live in Texas as the site name eludes to. Let's see if other CAC members are also getting the red X. I think I may have also posted this same pic, some time ago, in my thread called "show us your Z06. I'll take a look.

Hey - Happy New Year.

Update - Patrick, take a look at the thread called 'show us your silver C5" post #160. See if it shows up there for you.:cool

Update - Patrick, take a look at the thread called 'show us your silver C5" post #160. See if it shows up there for you.:cool

Sorry, Remo, no joy for me in the other thread either. I tried going to texasamp.com, and I get a "server cannot be found" message.

Hey - Happy New Year.

And Happy New Year right back atcha, my friend!

-Patrick

really not an issue, I simply go around or avoid speed bumps, and if someone has a driveway thats on an incline, I park in the street.

Sufflock, VA

2004 Machine Silver Z06 - lowered on stock bolts.

silo3.JPG

That is very low for a road car! I've noticed he had to cut the air dam in order to clear the road.

That is very low for a road car! I've noticed he had to cut the air dam in order to clear the road.

zagger - I could be wrong - but the air dam looks stock. Thie slight outward curve at the bottom appears to be unmolested. Take a look at the first post on this thread. It's a very close up shot of the front of Frank Jetz Z06. His air dam is not only closer to the ground and un-cut, it looks pretty much the same as the 04 silver Z06 above. Also remember that the large center section of these air dams swing back to help negotiate most forgein objects in the road.

Any Comments?

Just to keep things in perspective - here's a 2002 Z06 sitting at the factory
standard ride hieght.

IMG_3034.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom