Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The 1959 Corvette Registry goes out of 2007 w/a BANG!!!

CHEV66JB

Corvette
'59 Corvette #5366
Hey Gang,

For all of you who have been getting all of my emails
the past few days, you'll see that as of yesterday, we
had around 850 cars listed on the Registry.. As I
thought about the 2007 year closing out, and stared at
the piles and piles of papers and notes that Bob Cook
forwarded to me, I decided to make a little challenge
for myself: let's see if we can't close out 2007 for
the '59 Registry by getting it to A THOUSAND cars...

Today I had a half day from work, so when my daughter
went down for her nap, I began churning out the
updates to the Registry, hoping I'd be able to make
the timeline- New Year's Eve is usually a pretty quiet
holiday at the Brady house, so I thought if I had my
own little countdown going on for the Registry, it
might shake things up a bit around here. Well, I am
happy to announce that as of 5:30PM EST tonight, the
1959 Corvette Registry is now displaying info on 1001
cars to be exact. I hope all of you will come to
appreciate that gift, and I am proud to close out the
year knowing the site has made as much expansion as it
has! We closed out 2006 with a total of 657 cars
listed, and now here we are passing the 1K marker.

I wish all of you a Happy New Year, and a kickoff to a
spectacular 2008- we all get a chance to start anew,
don't waste it! Stay tuned...

Best Regards,

Jim Brady III

Very cool, Jim - congrats on the accomplishment! :cool

:wJane Ann

Thanks for all your hard work Jim. :w
And Happy New Year 08 to everyone at the CAC.

Thank you- it's an honor to be able to help provide as much of the history on these cars as possible. I don't know anyone in the hobby who wouldn't like to know what their car has experienced over the years it's been in existence. And sadly, especially with the '59 and earlier years, many of the owners who still know the histories of these cars are starting to pass away more and more quickly. Without anyone there to log the knowledge, it simply vanishes in the winds of Time. It also goes without saying that owner history always seems to help out the overall value of the vehicle a little bit. So, if I have the ability to help owners with their quest of finding out their car's history, AND help them appreciate the value of their investment a little bit, how can I go wrong with that..

Regards,

Jim

Congrats on passing the 1000 mark Jim. I'll have to go over the new listings to see what sort of interesting finds you made.

Tom

Some of the good ones I can think of offhand are #'s 1229 and #6248. For 1229, I was able to provide the current owner with details on his car as of 1982, and they are still 100% accurate when compared to how the car is today.

For #6248, the prior owner I have showing on the site has been hunting for the car for a few years now, hoping to buy it back. He's located in WI. According to the notes I have from Bob Cook, the car was last seen in CT in the 80s. I forwarded the prior owner the contact info and am hoping for an update soon.

I have alot more pictures and related paperwork to scan regarding the cars I added within the past week- the other docs I have include original window stickers, warranty details, and all kinds of other notes. Once I filter everything to ensure it's safe to upload, I'll be posting it out on the Registry. I'm really enjoying being involved in converting all of this info from paper to data. That should help carry the records through to the next century!

Regards,

Jim

Another good example (as of just yesterday) is car #3311. The current owner in OH just contacted me to let me know that he had the car as of now. The Registry was showing a prior owner in Mount Holly, NJ as of 1990. It was based on a letter from Bob Cook's archives.

I forwarded a copy of the letter to the current owner and he was ecstatic- he'd purchased the car in Florida, so within the past 17 years the car has bounced from NJ, to FL, to OH. It's been amazing to see how much these cars still get around, for not even being one's daily driver!

I have to admit however that I was concerned about forwarding the letter to the current owner, because it indicated that the car was Snowcrest White with Inca Silver coves when it was in NJ, and when he sent me the pics yesterday the car was Tuxedo Black- all I kept thinking was "uh oh". Thankfully he contacted me today and advised me that yes he was aware of the color change, and that it took place somewhere around 1999. That could have been an ugly update to receive! :D

Regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim

Here is the car Jim is talking about. Car number 3311.
With a little time today, I was able to locate the cell phone number to the past owner in NJ. I call and talked to him about the car. He is checking to see if he has anyother documents that may be helpful. Thanks again Jim.
Ken

Thanks Jim

Here is the car Jim is talking about. Car number 3311.
With a little time today, I was able to locate the cell phone number to the past owner in NJ. I call and talked to him about the car. He is checking to see if he has anyother documents that may be helpful. Thanks again Jim.
Ken

Ken, that is excellent news. I am so glad to hear you got through to the person, not to mention that they are still among us! I never know what I'm going to find out when I get info on some of the more "mature" (I think that's the best way to put it) prior owners. Keep us posted on any updates you might get back..

Regards,

Jim

PS: Tom, we helped another one :D

PS: Tom, we helped another one :D

I can't wait to go through all of the new info you will be posting. If I can assist in any way let me know.

Tom

I can't wait to go through all of the new info you will be posting. If I can assist in any way let me know.

Tom

I added details today on the following cars, that you might appreciate..

6305, 9341, 9354, 9355, 9380, 9387, 9467, 9473, 9563, 9626

Getting lost in the crowd!

Wow!
The 6000-8000 group that 'ol 7644 was in has GROWN!:v !!
HUGE contrats, Jim.

Still hunting down my history. I'll add stuff when I find it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom